Message + and individual notification tones.
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Why doesn't the individual notification tones work with Messaging +? I have a different tone for each contact, but they all sound in on the default tone. Is there a setting in Message +  to tell the app to use the settings in the contacts?

Thanks,

Gregg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message + and individual notification tones.
tnykole77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues with the messaging + app as well. I was able to set individual tones, though. I went into that particular contact's messages. I pulled out the menu while that is pulled up and click on tones under customize conversation. Now I have individualized tones set for certain people. My issue is it crashing and for the past 2-2 1/2 hours, it has been sending me hundreds of old messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Message and individual notification tones.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden,

I understand how nice it is to have your device set to your preferences. I apologize as there is no way to set a specific notification tone to a contact. There may be other 3rd party messaging applications you can use if this is a necessity for you.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Message + and individual notification tones.
tnykole77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues with the messaging + app as well. I was able to set individual tones, though. I went into that particular contact's messages. I pulled out the menu while that is pulled up and click on tones under customize conversation. Now I have individualized tones set for certain people. My issue is it crashing and for the past 2-2 1/2 hours, it has been sending me hundreds of old messages.

0 Likes