Message+ app displays phone numbers instead of contact name
7cskowronski
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I seem to be having the same issue as users above. My contacts have their proper names display in the conversatino title (e.g. Person X, person Y, Person Z) yet have their correspondance to the group display as xxx-xxx-xxxx and yyy-yyy-yyyy. This results in a very confusing situation given that I cannot properly identify who sent the message without frequent look ups of contacts, which is understandably inconvenient. Is there no way to adjust the group chat or message+ settings so that their names accurately display instead of their phone numbers?

Re: Message+ app displays phone numbers instead of contact name
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear your contacts aren't being displayed correctly when using Verizon Messages. We understand the inconvenience of only having a number show up when reviewing texts, and we will help. We have some questions to gather more information. When did this issue begin? What is the make and model of your device? Have you verified that there are no pending updates for the Verizon Messages app? 

DavidR_VZW

GinnaStockton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem in Message+ on my MacBook Pro.  On my Samsung the names are fine.  And there is no Settings menu item that I can find for Message+ on the Mac

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the names being displayed incorrectly on the Message+ app on your Macbook Pro, GinnaStockton. We certainly don't want that to be the case and we're happy to help. Is the Message+ app fully up to date? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
eleanor167
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue, have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to sync the contacts and nothing, no names only numbers.  can you provide more help than just "uninstall and reinstall"?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha! So that we provide the correct information, please advise what make/model device you have, and if it has the most recent operating system installed, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Berniebart

I just started having the same problem.  I have not changed my phone or operating system, so I don't know why the number instead of the contact name is displaying on new messages.  Using an LG G5 with the Android 8.0.0 operating system, Software version VS98730c.  The Verizon Message + app is Verizon Messages version 8.1.3.  Please let me know how to fix it so the contact name appears in the header instead of the contact number. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes