Message+ app group feature - recipient limit
JeffHershberger

I have created a group in my Verizon Messages/Message+ app but am running into conflicting information within the app.

When I created the group, the app told me I could have as many as 250 participants in the group. However, the first time I went to use my group, I received an error message saying that messages could not be sent to more than 20 recipients at a time. Am I missing something? Why does the app tell me I can have 250 participants if I cannot use the group to send to more than 20? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am on Moto E5 Play, Android 8.0.0.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ app group feature - recipient limit
JeffHershberger

Now, suddenly, group members using iPhones cannot see who is in the group; instead, when they open group info they see only one phone number with a (588) area code.

0 Likes
JeffHershberger

If the iPhone user opens the group text itself (not the group info), they can see the phone number that sent the text, but even if that number is in their contact database, the group text will not populate the identity of that contact for them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JeffHershberger, we're sorry to see that you had some issue using the group chat feature on our Message+ application. However, there's no need to despair because we're here to help. We have a very handy link that can guide you through the Message+ FAQ's: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ On this link you can find all the information you need, and if you go towards the middle of the page where it says "Features of Verizon Messages (Message+)" you can go to option #2 and it will provide you details on how group chat works. Make sure you update your Group Conversations by selecting the link provided there. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes