Message+ app randomly stops and messages no longer show as "read" after Delivery
DBH77768
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone aware of an issue where the message+ (version 6.4.111) just stops working and then ask you to send feedback? I have also noticed that over the last day, my messages get delivered but are not marked as read like before. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Message+ app randomly stops and messages no longer show as "read" after Delivery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DBH77768,

That's definitely odd and we want to ensure your messaging is working flawlessly. When did this start exactly? Have there been any recent updates to the application since this started? Have you attempted to uninstall the application?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ app randomly stops and messages no longer show as "read" after Delivery
DBH77768
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening about 3 weeks ago. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no resolution. Last update was in Feb/March. Recently, it also stopped showing when my messages were read by the recipients. As I use my phone for my job as well, it is very important that I know when messages are read.Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the helpful information, DBH77768. I rely on my messages as my main form of communication and know how important it is to have working properly. The Message+ will show a read receipt for all message+ users. If they do not have message+, you may not receive the correct read receipt on the message. We'd like to continue looking into the app when it stops working. Are you connected to wifi or mobile data at the time? What is the make and model of your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DBH77768
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use both data and WiFi (majority WiFi). I am currently using a Droid Turbo 2 and the majority of my messages are sent to people using S6/7 and Droid Turbo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. We want to make sure your application is working. Does it happen with both Wi-Fi and data? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your application? Are your device and application on the most recent software available?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DBH77768
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It happens with both data and wifi connections. Phone is running latest android version, app is on the latest version, and have uninstalled/installed app on several occasions. I have sent probable 10 bug reports, but no response.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

DBH77768​ , the Verizon Messages is go to app on my phone. I want to make sure that we help get this corrected and appreciate the troubleshooting you have completed in efforts to resolve this. Do you have similar issues with other applications on your phone? 

Let's run a Device Health Check on your Turbo 2 to help determine what is causing this issue. Click on the link for steps on how to complete View Device Health Check - MVD - Android | Verizon Wireless  and please keep us posted with your progress.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
DBH77768
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. No other applications seem to have any issues. I did notice my girlfriend's Droid Turbo recently started doing the same thing with Message+.

Don

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this, DBH77768, especially if it is only native to this one application. Were you able to run the Device Health Check as previously advised?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes