Message+ app unreliable outside of US
CarolinasFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently used Message+ in Spain with a foreign carrier's SIM card, and found the app to be unreliable. Some SMS messages were never delivered to me, specifically banking two-factor authorization texts. Also, some messages I sent to US phone numbers were never delivered even when the app showed delivered.

Is this a known bug? The concept of Message+ is great when using a foreign carrier's SIM, just wish it worked better.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ app unreliable outside of US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, CarolinasFan! Sorry to learn you had some trouble using the app when you were in Spain! We do not have any reports of this being a known issue though. Were you able to text with any other app while you were there and using the foreign SIM? Are you back in the U.S. and is the app working? -Nikki

0 Likes
Sending/receiving texts worked about 90% of the time exce...
CarolinasFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sending/receiving texts worked about 90% of the time except for the situations I previously mentioned. I prefer my phone's native text messaging app so reverted to that when returning to the US.

0 Likes
Re: Sending/receiving texts worked about 90% of the time exce...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CarolinasFan ,

Thank you for the additional message. We are not able to access or control your service experience when you use other carriers, including those outside of the U.S. For any issues with texting when using another carrier's SIM card, you would need to reach out to that carrier for assistance with their services. As for changing between texting apps on your phone, you only need to open the app itself and your phone will ask if you'd like to make it the default one going forward. When you are back in the U.S. and using our network, please let us know if you are still having texting issues so that we can assist. -Russell

0 Likes
CarolinasFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. I'm wondering why texting through the app would be subject to the other carrier's service. As long as I have data, shouldn't the Message+ app send and receive as it does in the US?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question, please keep in mind that some Verizon features will only work while your device is connected to the Verizon Network. We will be happy to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes