Re: Message+ app using all of my data!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caleng20, we would hate to lose you as a result of this thread. To confirm are you still experiencing issues with data? Aside from this, is there anything else that has you contemplating leaving? 

To further assist, I also sent you a direct message.

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're not going to lose people as a result of this thread, but rather because of a lack of efficient and useful customer service. This thread is only proof that Verizon would rather point the finger and blame someone else rather than take responsibility and fix a problem that is obviously affecting more than just a few customers.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

KALDSRONC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same story for me.  I have now gone over my data allowance 2 months in a row after never going over and I have not changed my texting habits whatsoever.  It is obviously a widespread issue. The app is now disabled and I am using the default app with no issues I have been a Verizon customer since before it was Verizon, but I think it's time to jump ship as soon as my phone is paid off.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be heartbroken if you were to go and we want to help you stay by ensuring you get the most out of your data  with the right settings in place. What model is your phone? How much data was consumed in the month? How much data are you seeing that Verizon Messages used? 

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Guillensa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

Instead of being "heart-broken", why don't you escalate this issue to your app engineers and *FIX* your defective Message+ app? Every user posting information here, if you clearly read the responses, clearly demonstrates a trend that is very specific. 3 to 4 months ago our data usage from Message+ was very modest. Suddenly, it is consuming a few GBs of data without any change in our behavior or usage of Message+. Screenshots, dates, time-frames and GB amounts have been provided.

Stop directing us to change the data cycle or check if we send videos or large files via Message+.

You know what the problem is.

Now do your JOB and FIX the app instead of appeasing us while charging some of us overage fees. It is your poor customer service that will lose you customers.

Do not send us PMs, but rather post the intended solution and what the estimated time-frame is for said solution.

P.S. The solution is not disabling the Message+ app, but rather, fixing it. Let's hope this actually sinks in.

Thank you and please do not waste our time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Guillensa, 

Your response does sink in and I'm eager to assist you. I'm so sorry for any inconvenience with the Messages + application. I can steer you in the right direction for assistance. Please contact the application developers. They will be able to look more closely into this. To obtain their contact information, please pull up the application in the Play Store and you will see a phone number to call, as well as an email address. I hope this information is helpful.  

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vroomer85
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already tried contacting the app developers directly via VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com​ (the only e-mail I saw on the Google Play Webpage for the app), but I only got an automated reply stating they only use that e-mail address to collect bug reports and requests for new features. I could not find a phone number to call anywhere on the Google Play Webpage, just a link to "their" website that brings you right back to Verizon's main website. The Google Play Webpage directs me to the community forums (HERE) for additional support! This whole thing just feels like a giant runaround. Also, a different Verizon Customer Support said they would bring this issue to the developers attention several weeks ago. What ever happened to that?!

I have been able to fix the issue on my phone by clearing the data and cache for the Verizon Message+ app. I applied this fix over a week ago and it's data usage has completely returned to normal. I'm continuing to monitor it's data usage using a 3rd Party app called 3G Watchdog.

If anyone else wants to try this fix, you will lose all your customized settings (visual/audio/etc) for the app, but it will NOT delete your old messages.

1) Go to Settings -> Apps/Applications -> Application Manager

2) Find Message+ app among the list of applications and select it

3) Press the "Force Stop" button

4) Go into "Storage" and press "Clear Data" and then "Clear Cache"

5) Open Message+ App and you'll be prompted to sign back in to your account

6) Reset all your settings for notifications and visual appearance of the app

7) Continue to monitor your data to make sure it doesn't start using excessive data again

RELL8891
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Vroomer85, you've given more concrete help on this issue than all of the customer service representatives combined. I'm definitely going to try this fix myself.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I truly appreciate you bringing this unexpected data usage to our attention, along with all your continued effort and patience, RELL8891. And thank you Vroomer85 for sharing your success. I have sent these additional examples to our application developers as well as our device experts to see if your concerns, as well as your success, can be duplicated. Please keep us posted if you find that resetting the application as Vroomer85 mentioned stops the data usage.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the
_Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from
our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BUGSKM17

I had a sudden jump in my data usage this month, starting early March!! I have changed any of my habits in using my phone. This is very upsetting! Please fix this!

0 Likes