Message + app
Nitasea

I use the message  app and ever since the last update my contacts have been receiving duplicate messages from me.  I have only sent them once but they get it twice.  Becoming quite annoying.  I have a Galaxy S6 edge.  Please fix!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message + app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nitasea, let’s take out these double messages. When did you last update your software? Please check that you have the latest version. Do all of your contacts get duplicates? Is it every time? If not, what time of day and location does this happen at?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nitasea

It is happening with everyone I text that they get duplicate messages.  My last update was on February 4 and I also went in and personally checked that the app was updated and it is.  That is when my problems began was when the new update happened.  Otherwise before I was fine. 

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Nitasea, I also have a note5 and found I had to remove the updates, disable the updating and for good measure I also disabled the messenger+ app in the application manager. I found the Samsung app in the Samsung folder, yellow envelope, works as long as the messenger+ app does not update.

I also replied to the developer today on the playstore review board that I will not be testing their app after they requested I try the latest update. Those who want all these new features and goofy picture editing may choose to and that is fine but I simply choose a reliable form of communication. Perhaps a better way to test this new app would have been an option of a second app and not to have disrupted folks lives.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details provided Nitasea. Can you verify the Message + version on your phone? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the application after the last update?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate you filling me in on what's been happening with your messages, Nitasea. Thank you for all you've done already. Is there a particular zip code you've been in when sending these duplicating messages? How much signal strength does your phone reflect when you're sending the message? Since it started with an update, have you had the chance to also restart your phone since it occurred?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes