Message crashes when I try to start a new conversation.
Scotty_Supernova

For the past couple days, any time I try to start a new conversation the app crashes with a message saying "Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped.". I've tried clearing the app cache and went as far as doing a reset of the phone with no luck correcting the problem. Is anyone else having the same issues? I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3V.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message crashes when I try to start a new conversation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wow! Those were great steps to start with, Scotty_Supernova. We know how important it is to get your messages through. When someone texts you, are you able to open and reply to their message by opening the alert through your notification bar? If you change your default message application http://spr.ly/65807g9k to Messaging instead of Message+, do you get the same error with the 2nd application? And just to confirm, when you say you reset the phone, what steps did you take for a reset?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Message  crashes when I try to start a new conversation.
Scotty_Supernova

I'm able to reply to messages fine, I'm just unable to start new conversations. The error message pops up as soon as I try to start a new conversation, before I'm even able to type the name of who I want to message. The error did not come up when I just tried using the Messaging app.

When I say I did a reset, I went through the settings menu and did a factory reset to take the phone back to how it was when it came out of the box. The only thing I restored was my contacts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you taking those steps, Scotty_Supernova. Did you set the Messages + app as the default program after testing the Messaging app? Can you please try composing a new message by going through Contacts first, selecting the contact you would like to message and select the message icon? Does the error occur if you use these steps?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Scotty_Supernova

I went a day with the normal messaging app as my default before going back to Message+ (which was set to default when I made the switch). Message+ still crashes if I go through the address book and try to compose a message that way. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's continue to work on this issue together, Scotty_Supernova.  Have you attempted to put your phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1e9e9qa?  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
0 Likes