Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Message+ crashing
GNCC407
Re: Message+ crashing
cobra6987

Mine is crashing on my Note 9 but appears to be working on my tablet. 

Vernbowsky

Mine crashes, too

I can compose a message by pressing and holding the icon on my home page. When I enter a name, I can see the messages between us, and can send a message.

But like you, whenever I attempt to simply open Message, it immediatly crashes.

Any help would be appriciated.

Vernbowsky

I just uninstalled the app, reinstalled and it is working now.

Give that a go everyone.

Julienaji

Did you lose your messages?

ALBERTMENDELSOHN

When you reinstalled did you grt your texts back?

jnoti

Tried reinstalling didn't work

0 Likes
atozmama

I have tried everything short of unistalling and reinstalling. My daughter is in the military and I have some messages there I DO NOT want to lose. Any thing else I can try? or can I back it up? I still recieve texts and can reply as they show up on my lock screen. I just can't get in to the app or start a text.

eliz9000

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the app still crashed upon opening. It all started for me after the most recent update, which occurred yesterday (7/31/19).

You won't lose your messages if you perform this action. Your messages will even transfer to other message apps should you choose to switch (which I have).

jennjewell

Do you lose your messages? I have texts from my father who passed away that I'd like to retain. 😥

0 Likes