Message+ crashing
GNCC407
Enthusiast - Level 1
39 Replies
lynderan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine stopped crashing after I went to my Google play store and let the updates happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GNCC407, we're sorry to see that were having issues with your Message+ application. The issue has been resolved, in case you continue to experience any problems please power cycle your device. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes
Garymeller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried uninstall and reinstall which worked for a few minutes, then crashed again. Error message keeps blocking the app. 

I uninstalled and the installed regular Verizon Message app from the app store. That works fine. ALL OLD MESSAGES REAPPEARED IN THE APP. Hopefully they will get M+ working again. 

0 Likes
Crazemaze500

Same problem. Same timing, started evening of 8-1. Can see messages only if I go to them through individual contacts. Restart did not work. Anyone know if Verizon is currently trying to fix this problem? Seems like a high volume issue possibly caused by recent update. -_- 

0 Likes
BoyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both mine AND my husband's are crashing

0 Likes
Mattp3

Galaxy 10 Verizon text app crashing last 6 hrs. Using Google messages until fixed I guess....

0 Likes
MARSTI73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. 

0 Likes
atozmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried everything short of unistalling and reinstalling. My daughter is in the military and I have some messages there I DO NOT want to lose. Any thing else I can try? or can I back it up? I still recieve texts and can reply as they show up on my lock screen. I just can't get in to the app or start a text.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atozmama, some users are experiencing the Verizon Messages app crashing or going to a blank screen. As a workaround, you can uninstall updates to the Verizon Messages app (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates). You can also switch to the factory installed messaging app in the mean time. Our Technicians are aware of this and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
tkrowisz6

Both my phone and my husband's phone were experiencing this problem yesterday. We switched to using the non verizon message app that comes with your phone's os. I just went ahead and set it to be the default app, instead of verizon's message app. It will automatcally rein in all of your previous texts that were handled in the verizon app. You will not lose any previous texts. Anyway, this morning when i decided to try the verizon messenger app again, it was opening fine. However, since i do not see what the real issue was, i will not switch it back to default. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you were having these issues. Now, we are glad to see that it has all been resolved. Being able to send and receive messages is a must. Please keep us posted. Keep in mind that we do offer our basic troubleshooting guides in the My Verizon application, m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
BoyGrandma
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only thing that has worked for me is going to my contacts then clicking on the message icon. Only way it opens up the messages but only to that specific contact. 

0 Likes
Allenv

I went to the play store and updated the app..... didn't loose anything

0 Likes
jnoti

I found a regular message app under my apps that one worksfornow and brought the messages back.  Message plus still not working

0 Likes
jnoti

Tried reinstalling didn't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jnoti, some users are experiencing the Verizon Messages app crashing or going to a blank screen. As a workaround, you can uninstall updates to the Verizon Messages app (settings> apps & notifications > Verizon Messages > upper right corner 3 dots> uninstall updates). You can also switch to the factory installed messaging app in the mean time. Our Technicians are aware of this and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
Vernbowsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine crashes, too

I can compose a message by pressing and holding the icon on my home page. When I enter a name, I can see the messages between us, and can send a message.

But like you, whenever I attempt to simply open Message, it immediatly crashes.

Any help would be appriciated.

Vernbowsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just uninstalled the app, reinstalled and it is working now.

Give that a go everyone.

Uhav2bkidding

Tried numerous times

@Vernbowsky wrote:

I just uninstalled the app, reinstalled and it is working now.

Give that a go everyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vernbowsky, glad to hear everything is working for you. If you have any other questions, we are here to help.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes