Message+ does not open links
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

On the messages+ website (I can't get the app to work at all on ANY of my devices). Someone sends me a link to a website, and it appears only as text, not a hyperlink that opens. I can't even copy & paste it!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ does not open links
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brothertrimble, that is beyond odd,  and I rely on my text messages and I get links all the time for work and for other important things, and an issue with them not opening I would be lost.  Have you tried the manufacturer texting app to see if the links will open, this will determine where we need to start?  What is the web browser that you use?  When did this start?  

-Santo

0 Likes
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

When using the Verizon website for texting, which has worked just fine until recently, the hyperlinks not only are not 'clickable', but they won't even copy & paste. Very frustrating. Using Chrome via windows 7 1nd 10 (two different computers). The actual Verizon app on an Apple iPad actually does allow hyperlinks to click, but hasn't played videos files sent by others.

As to when it started....not too sure but within the last 6 months or so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brothertrimble, thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, the same thing happens when using Safari on the iPad, as well as Silk on an old Kindle

0 Likes
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

I mistakenly hit the "correct answer" link, erroneously thinking that it would take me to the correct answer in stead of declaring that I had received it already. Did that close this whole conversation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, we are still here. Could you please tell us when this issue started? Do you experience this same issue with the default text app on your device? ~Christian

0 Likes
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Years ago the app worked quite well on the old Kindle, then stopped working so I removed it. Likewise, the app stopped working on all my PC's with Windows. The app now works on this iPad ok, though it won't play video clips sent from others' phones. All these changes have been true for a few years.

This new problem of the website not allowing hyperlinks to work is less than a year old, very frustrating, and is true across all platforms I use: Safari on the iPad, Windows 7 on a laptop, Windows 10 on several desktops, and Silk on the old Kindle Fire, and on both my home network and the one at work, though they both use the same local ISP (Comporium)....so I'm assuming it's a peculiarity with the website and not my software or settings.

Thanks for staying in touch, and I hope we can find a solution.

Stewart

0 Likes
brothertrimble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Further, I've been using Google Chrome with no extensions; Malwarebytes for security. Using Microsoft Edge the links still don't present as clickable hyperlinks but at least it allows me to highlight the text and 'search', which is the next best thing I suppose.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are so welcome. Yeah if other links do work then it is the link itself. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need any other help. 

-Amber

0 Likes