Message+ gifs not working
Markhamjm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 8+ and when I try to send a GIF now from the search menu, it says "no matches". Pictures and videos will show up, but no gifs.  The gif keyboard terrible because you can't search for what you want and it is way too easy to hit a gif and send it while you're trying to scroll to find one, so being able to search for what you wanted was nice.  

What happened to the gifs in the message+ search function?!

40 Replies
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes
rocketmczoom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. Galaxy S10+.

0 Likes
ESaun94

I'm also having this issue, @vzw_customer_support . I have a Google Pixel 2 XL, and the last update for the app was on April 18, 2019 - that also seems to be around the same time I began having this issue. Any updates on getting this fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ESaun94, we certainly want you to have the ability to search and send gifs. I send them a lot myself. I see you mentioned that the update for the app was on April 18th, have you checked recently if there is another update available? What version is currently installed? (tap menu > about)

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
ESaun94

The app is on version 6.8.2, with no updates available that I'm seeing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want our Message+ app to work properly for you, ESaun94. We do want to get this working for you. 

Since this issue started have you tried clearing the cache of the Message+ app? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215325/ 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
1974bug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for the past few days on HTC M9. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 1974bug, thank you for contacting us. We are concerned that you're not able to do a search for GIFs using Message +, and we're here to help correct that. We have released an update to the application to fix this issue. Go into the Play Store and find Message + to update it. Please test Message + after updating it and let us know how it works.

UbaldoJ_VZW

Gfreely
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update seems to have fixed the problem on my LG V30...thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! We are glad the update resolved the problem on your LG V30. If you need anything moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach us here. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

JaimeG_VZW

0 Likes
Bohdy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same on my Note 9 and Galaxy S7

0 Likes
HBC605
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue, ongoing since 4/22. Can't relate to any apps or specific updates.  Uninstalled and installed Message+ again. still receive no matches found notification when attempt to add gif. Any updates expected?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HBC605, I'm saddened to hear that you have encountered this problem with sending GIF's on your device. I want to make sure that we take all of the appropriate steps here to get this resolved. Can you tell me if you have tried to power off/on the device? Then follow the normal steps of the are set out via the linkhttps://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/ . Once this has been done, can you tell me the specific error message you are receiving? Have you noticed this on any other VZW devices near you?

I look forward to your feedback. 

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
Terence123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue, I've looked through the threads and do not see any new updates from Verizon.  When can we expect to have an update and this resolved?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your patience, we want to make sure that our applications are working as intended, and we want to properly address this issue. What is the current version on the Messages + application?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
rocketmczoom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Version 6.8.3

0 Likes
rocketmczoom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed! Thank you!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to read that it's fixed now. We are always here to help and don't hesitate to reach out if you need us. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
lbailey20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG k20v and have the same problem over the last 2 days. My husband's phone does not seem to have this problem. I can still receive gifs, but I can not use the search to find them. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our Message+ app is an excellent feature, and we want you to enjoy it. Please tell me what's happening when you try searching for your gifs? When did this begin? Share details.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes