Message+ incoming messages has stopped being received on tablet
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of last night, as far as I can tell, the service has stopped syncing incoming messages to my tablet. I cn send just fine from the tablet and sent messages do indeed sync with the phone. I can also make calls throughout messages+ on my tablet, even thoughnitbis a wifi-only tablet, so I know everything else with the app and your server is working. I have gone into the messages+ settings on the tablet and disconnected from the service, and reconnected, but still have the same issue. To be clear, messages+ has alwys worked in the past without issue, and nothing has been changed on my end. So, it sounds like something is wrong on your server. Please do not ask me unhelpful questions like if I have  data connection on both devices, or what kind of phone or tablet I have, or what kind of phone people are sending from, because as I said, it's always worked previously with the hardware I have, so there is no issue with my hardware, I obviously have a connection, and other people's hardware have nothing to do with it. Please report this your message+ team, and post when it will be fixed. It may be as simple as them needing to reboot their server. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ incoming messages has stopped being received on tablet
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Obviously, something has changed somewhere, either with the Message+ app software on your tablet, on your account, or as you say, with the server handling messages.  Unless you identify the make/model of your tablet and the Message+ software version, how do you expect other community forum users to check/verify whether they are experiencing the same issue?  Note, this is a Community User Forum, not a Verizon Technical Support service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to edit my post above to fix typos for clsrity, but although I had an option to edit, it wouldn't save! Why offer me the option to edit, when it can't save? Regardless, here is my post again, with corrections:

As of last night, as far as I can tell, the service has stopped syncing incoming messages to my tablet. I can send just fine from the tablet and sent messages do indeed sync with the phone. I can also make calls through messages+ on my tablet, even though it is a wifi-only tablet, so I know everything else with the app and your server is working. I have gone into the messages+ settings on the tablet and disconnected from the service, and reconnected, but still have the same issue. To be clear, messages+ has alwys worked in the past without issue, and nothing has been changed on my end. So, it sounds like something is wrong on your server. Please do not ask me unhelpful questions like if I have a data connection on both devices, what kind of phone or tablet I have, or what kind of phone people are sending from, because as I said, it's always worked previously with the hardware I have, I obviously have connections on both devices or it never would have worked, and other people's hardware have nothing to do with the problem. Please report this your message+ team, and post when it will be fixed. They may not be aware of the problem right now, and it may be as simple as them needing to reboot their server. Thank you.

0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like they found the problem, likely due to many reports, because it is now working again. Glad to see it was only a 12 hour outage.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

MisterLeadFoot wrote:

I tried to edit my post above to fix typos for clsrity, but although I had an option to edit, it wouldn't save! Why offer me the option to edit, when it can't save?

You have a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made.

0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Also could have been that I responded to your original message and that blocked you from successfully editing it. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could be, because just as I finished editing I received an email notification of your first response. Regardless, I am glad that even with typos, someone understood what I was saying, and more importantly, the issue was resolved. If only all issues were so quickly resolved! 🙂

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Joe Vallender wrote:

Also could have been that I responded to your original message and that blocked you from successfully editing it. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

Doubtful.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MisterLeadFoot We want you to be able to utilize your message plus text message correctly. We're here to assist. We noticed that you mentioned your issue was resolved so please don't hesitate to use the community forum to communicate with us in the future.

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes