Message+ keeps crashing
jackfreud

I just updated the Verizon Message+ app for IOS in the app store and now it crashes as soon as it starts up. I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it from the app store but that didn't help at all.

I rely on this app and now it's broken. Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ keeps crashing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jackfreud,

We want to ensure you can use your Messages+ app without issue. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. I use this app also on my iPhone device and as with any app, they can all crash at times. Typically, when an app is closing as I open it or crashing while in use, I'll reset my iPhone network settings. This can be done under Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will have to reprogram any saved wifi passwords back to the device after this reset but no other information is lost. Please keep up posted of your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dox4me01

I am having the same problem.  I did as you suggested.  App crashes on start-up if connected to network.  If not connected app will startup fine.

IOS 9.3.5 IPod Touch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dox4me01, that's very strange that it is doing that. After starting up the application, are you able to connect to the WiFi or does it still crash? What is the application version?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jackfreud

The Mac desktop app started crashing on startup as well. I had to revert to an older backup version or I would have been unable to use it at all. Is this going to be fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jackfreud,

Messaging is a very important part of how we keep in touch in this day and age. I want to ensure we get this issue resolved for you. Can you confirm that your Mac desktop ios is up to date? Are you getting any error messages when application crashes?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes