Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,568 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Message + keeps creating a MMS group message between me and one other person.
wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has started creating a MMS group message between me and one other person. Only my replies are here even when I originally types them in the regular text. I'll go in later and all of my replies have been moved to this group message. I've deleted it over 25 times and it keeps coming back. It only does this with one person. I have a Droid turbo 2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message + keeps creating a MMS group message between me and one other person.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to get this issue corrected, wvugurl26. What type of application do you use for MMS also is the person that your speaking to apart of that group?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message + keeps creating a MMS group message between me and one other person.
wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the Message + app for all of my texting. It shows that the person I'm texting is included in the group but no responses from them are inside. It is only my texts that are in the MMS. I text them in the regular text (not MMS) and later I notice that a MMS has been created between us and that my last ten to twenty replies are now in this MMS. I have deleted the MMS repeatedly and it keeps coming back. I have gone into the MMS and checked recipients reply to me only and it still keeps putting my responses in the MMS. I've also deleted the regular text and rebooted. It's an intermittent issue and very annoying.

wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

ETA: The texts from the other person didn't appear in the MMS. This happened again this morning and after I deleted the MMS, the texts from the other person were gone from the non-MMS text between us. This is a recent development and quite frustrating. The Message + application and my phone are both up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you know if the users that you are messaging also use the Message + application?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are also using Message + and have Verizon service. Their phone is the Samsung Galaxy S8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand sending out MMS messaging when they are not wanted can be frustrating. Please let me know if there was a recent update that was pushed to your phone. When did this start happening? Have you cleared out the cache in your device? http://spr.ly/6587Dkdqf

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wvugurl26
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started happening several weeks ago. The last system update to my phone was in November 2017. I cleared the cache out. It doesn't happen with every text, it's intermittent. I'll have to wait to see if clearing the cache helps.

Titantider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't ty hat work. I having the same issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with your messages and we would like to help. When did the trouble start? Does it only happen with the same contacts? Here is a link that will show you how to reset the app: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216820/

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes