Re: Message+ keeps muting a conversation
JUANRICOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really think this has to do with the online messaging integration. The contact that I was having problems with was always showing up in the online messaging app as muted, with no way to unmute.

I went into the settings on the mobile app and selected "Delete My Account". As it says this will delete all messages from the online account and basically reset the online messaging app. This will not delete messages on your phone, just the past 90 days messages that Verizon keeps on their servers.

After doing this I, turned integrated messaging back on, sent a message to my "problem contact" and now they show as not muted on my phone and online.

I think this is going to fix the issue for now. Losing the 90 days of backup messages on Verizon's server was not a big deal to me. I still have them on my phone, and if I am paranoid about it, I can back them up myself with one on the many apps available to do that.

If I find that this problem happens again to me, even after this, I will be sure to report back.

JUANRICOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I was typing the same time you were. I think you are right on with the fix.

0 Likes
kbilbee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked in the web version and see the same thing. The conversion is  not muted on my phone but muted in the web version.

I have a Galaxy S7 all software is up to date.

0 Likes
Cynnerthia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed your steps as far as disconnecting and then reregistering my devices, and the conversation is still muted on the web app.  I'm going to try this a couple more times though, to see if maybe it's a sync issue and delete the conversation from everything (again), disconnect, and then reregister.

The only other thing, as suggested was to just keep routing this up to the Technical Support team and just leave this thread as unsolved, since it's just going to rely on a patch update.

0 Likes
AZCardinalsGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was one more thing that I did but I don't remember exactly where it was. But it asked me if I wanted to delete all messages off the server. I did that so it completely removed everything, everywhere from the cloud. If you're still seeing a conversation on the web you probably didn't do that one step. And just FYI, my messages were still on my phone, just deleted from my tablet, desktop app, and web.

0 Likes
ROSSCH82
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JUANRICOS and AZCardinalsGirl: You have hit upon the solution!  I tried the above-listed instructions several days ago and it is still unmuted (even over the dreaded Monday update!).  Many thanks to you and AZCardinalsGirl for your persistence in working this through!

0 Likes
ASTRELLYA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my goodness! I have been dealing with this issue for MONTHS! I had just about given up hope when I found this thread. I'm off to try out this solution now.

ROSSCH82
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I followed JUANRICOS instructions as follows, and the conversation is still UNMUTED!  Yay!

"I went into the settings on the mobile app and selected "Delete My Account". As it says this will delete all messages from the online account and basically reset the online messaging app. This will not delete messages on your phone, just the past 90 days messages that Verizon keeps on their servers.

After doing this I, turned integrated messaging back on, sent a message to my "problem contact" and now they show as not muted on my phone and online."

scs731
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yippee!! Your solution WORKED!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. You should bill Verizon for your expert advise since you solved the issue and they did NOT!!

0 Likes
Jaxmaxinc

Same exact circumstances on my Note5 (substitute my ex-wife for your brother-in-law... btw, let me know if you'd like to do that).

0 Likes