Message+ keeps sending duplicate message to multiple contacts
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue started a few weeks ago. The Verizon message + app keeps sending the same message over and over again. I have to switch to to the default app on my phone now, because it's starting to annoy my contacts. I don't think it's on their end, I think it's a Verizon Message app issue. It happening with both Android and iPhone.  My contacts are getting messages at 1am sometimes, from a message I sent them days ago in the afternoon. Please fix this issue ASAP, it's very annoying. 

Weird thing is I'm not seeing the duplicate messages being sent from my phone.

I'll be checking in on this issue for updates.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ keeps sending duplicate message to multiple contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dawnzie,  having messages go out randomly would be alarming to me as well. Lets get this figured out. What make and model device are you using with Message+? Is the Message+ App up to date? Do you show the messages being sent on your side at 1? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

My app is up to date, that was the first thing I checked.  I have a Note 8 and the messages aren't showing up on my side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dawnzie, does this happen with all contacts? Do you know if this is happening when you type out the number for messages rather than messaging directly from your list of contacts?

0 Likes
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rarely type out the numbers to text. Only for new contacts who are not in my contacts list.  The messages are coming directly from my contacts list.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, dawnzie. Let's continue. Have you tried uninstalling the Message + application and reinstalling it? http://spr.ly/6606GHhH4

0 Likes
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question if I uninstall the app and reinstall it, will I lose all the pictures that I have sent and received?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! I use the Verizon Message + app too. You won't lose your pictures (sent and received) by temporarily un-installing and re-installing the app. Did you know that you can use Verizon Cloud services to backup your phone's stored data? (e.g. contacts, pictures, videos, music, text messages, etc.,) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been a month or so, the issue stopped for awhile. Now it's back again.  I'm pretty sure it stopped because I stopped sending pictures. It came back again today. My friend sent me a text that said "Stop texting me". I texted her for the first time in months today. I stopped around 10:30 am but apparently my text didn't stop she kept getting them all day.   😕   

I checked for an update to VZ messenger and there is none.  😞

Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating this could be for anyone getting all those messages. Are you still using the Android Messaging app with your phone at this time?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes