Message+ keeps sending duplicate message
Jesse__
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday I sent my friend a screenshot of a meme, and the message said "sending". Assuming my message was sent, I closed Message+ and did something else. After talking to my friend later, I found out the message that said "sending" was continually being delivered to her for no reason. It still said "Sending" on my screen and there were no copies of it, but she kept recieving the message and had about 15 copies of it. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop it. I've tried clearing my cache, restarting AND powering off my phone, force stopping Message+, turning off wifi and data, and taking out my SIM card to no avail. She has recieved the message about 85 times now (not joking) and I don't know what to do. I can't delete the message because it's still "sending" and it just says "Message info" when I hold down the image. Please help?

Re: Message+ keeps sending duplicate message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about this very peculiar messaging issue you have been experiencing when sending this meme to your friend, Jesse_. We will be more than happy to assist with this in every way that we can to ensure that your friend no longer receives any more duplicate messages. You have completed some great troubleshooting steps so far. What is the make and model to the device that you have? Has your friend powered their device off and back on as a troubleshooting step as well? Are you experiencing any other duplicate related issues with the Message+ app? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
dawnzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue has been happening to me with MULTIPLE people and it's VERY annoying.  I'm going to switch to the the devices default app until this gets fixed. Please have someone look into this ASAP. My friends are getting messages at 1 in the morning!  It's happening on both Android and Apple devices.

I don't think this has anything to with their devices, it's Verizon message issue. 

Thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that receivers of your text messages are getting them at 1 am and that this is happening with Android and Apple device users when you're using the Message + app. That's not the experience we want for you or the receivers of your text messages, and we apologize for your inconvenience. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.). Have you tried uninstalling the Verizon Message + app and re-installing it? Have you checked to see if you're using the "Scheduled Messages" option (In error) from the Verizon Message + app? You can view more information about this at http://spr.ly/6603GGvSc. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
samuelgmaurer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I routinely take pictures on my Samsung Note 10+ 5G, Android, most recent update on board.  Tried wipe cache and it still sends multiple copies.  I send six pictures to my work email and received 23 random copies of the picture set of six. 

I have cleared cache before and sent just one text copy of the attached picture. What gives? It has been happening to me since March 2021 at least.  I have not dug into my notes to see exactly when this started.

I have not always used Message +, until I found out that it works with fewer key strokes than email.  I don't remember getting multiples with the email system.  I use Samsung's email app, for gmail, and att.net mail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for this situation occurring. I appreciate the steps that you have taken so far. Please click the following link and complete the next step for me to see if this rectifies the issue.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-227316/

0 Likes