Message+ messages are not syncing on my iPad
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Message+ are not syncing messages  on my iPad. I will get notification of messages on my phone, but not my iPad. The messages won't sync to my iPad until I open the message+ app on my iPa. This happened also some time ago and I got the run around in this forum by the Verizon moderators. Now, like then, I reinstalled, hard rebooted, etc., etc.  Last time there was a problem I followed a lot of people complaining in these forums and all being given busy work and scripted responses from moderators. Last time I made such a stink Verizon finally fixed the error though they never admitted it was network related. Do I have to raise [Removed] again?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ messages are not syncing on my iPad
lasindat_vzw
Verizon Employee

pa19443, I appreciate the added details of the application and device. We're working with Apple to resolve this issue. Both sides are working to recreate the issue and work out a fix to resolve sync issue. Thank you for working with us to get Apple more information on the issue. It is greatly appreciated.

LaSindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to keep up with texting on your devices is key. How long has it been doing this? Has anything changed on the iPad recently such as app updates or OS updates?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

It has been going on for about a week. My Os has not changed, but the message + app updated when Verizon provided an update -- you should know the updates better than me.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app and rebooted my iPa to no avail. Last night I'm this happened it "suddenly" began working again -- it was an unacknowledged verizon problem that was eventually fixed while people who complained on these boards were given busy work of reinstalling, rebooting, changing settings, etc.  Why doesn't Verizon just acknowledge it is a problem with their update or servers and they are working on it?

Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

My reply should have read "last time this happened", not "last night". Note, syncing to the iPad is still not working.

0 Likes
pa19443
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.

And it causes me a lot of trouble.

i am on my iPad a lot with my phone in another room.

i used to get notifications when my wife texted me via Message+

but now i just get in trouble for not answering her text messages 😞

And, indeed, the message only show up when I open the app.

Mentalbob

I have the same problem as well on my iPad as well as my iPhone.  It seems to coincide with the release of iOS 10.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pa19443,

We're very sorry to learn that you're experiencing difficulty with your integrated messaging. Did you also download the same update that Ahllaw did? Have you had a chance to check through your settings to make sure there was not a change to the default notification settings that was a part of the update?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pa19443
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Message+ app is up to date. 2.4.3

IOS up to date. 10.3.1

Settings are fine.

I get no notifications.

I get no little numbers on the app icon indicating messages.

That is because.....

I do NOT get messages delivered to the IPad

UNTIL I OPEN THE APP.

It appears to be a syncing problem.

And it did start around the time of the last IOS update.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
pa19443
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or, it could have been the last Verizon Message+ update.

Really not sure, but it's been going on for a while now.

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

It doesn't have anything to do with either update -- last time it just started working again after several weeks w/o any further changes. Are the so called customer support people even aware of any Verizon structural/infrastructure problems?

0 Likes