Message+ not able to receive messages on non-Verizon devices
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since about October 14th, I have not been able to receive texts through Message+ on my non-Verizon devices including an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.0.2 and a Macbook Air running Sierra.  So both devices have the latest OS releases and they have the latest versions of Verizon Message+.  I can send out texts but cannot receive them.  Also, using the browser-based version of Message+, the same is true - can send but cannot receive.  Many other people have this same issue and Verizon has not resolved the issue.  See the thread titled "Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct" that is now marked as "Assumed Answered" but HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED.  Verizon did something on the backend and this needs to be corrected but as you can see from the other thread they have been treating this as isolated, end-user issues.  Verizon, can you please escalate and help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ not able to receive messages on non-Verizon devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I know how important and convenient this application is. You mentioned this started on 10/14. Is this the same day you upgraded to the 10.0.2 software? Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOOK AT THIS THREAD Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct [Removed] ! YOU ARE ONE IN A LONG LINE OF SCRIPTED RESPONSES THAT BEGIN WITH A VARIATION OF "OH NO, I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT MESSAGES ARE...".  YOU GUYS ADMIT IT IS IMPORTANT, SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RATHER THAN KEEPING ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS STUCK IN AN ENDLESS LOOP OF RESPONDING TO YOUR INITIAL USELESS RESPONSES!  IN ALL THE THREADS THAT ADDRESS THIS WE HAVE YET TO SEE A FOLLOW UP RESPONSE FROM ANY OF YOU!!!!!!

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgrade to 10.0.2 was over a week before. Please read my message and escalate. Reinstalling on iOS will not help on the Mac will it? Will it make the Verizon web based version work?  Please see the other thread that I mention. Many are having this issue and some have said the same happens on their Verizon devices. This is a system issue.  Will you please respond to this that you have escalated?  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steler9, I definitely understand how convenient it is to use Verizon messages across all of your smart devices. We do want to resolve this as soon as possible. In order for any tickets to be created we need to work with you through a series of troubleshooting steps.

Have you already tried to unregister your My Verizon account from your Mac and then register again? Is your desktop application updated?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I first tried to solve the issue by uninstalling and unregistering and then doing fresh installs and registration on all platforms. Then I found in this forum that it is a widespread issue.  But as you have read through my message and the referenced thread you understand that it is not working in the browser based version. Do you think my re-registering, reinstalling and perhaps buying replacement devices as others were told will fix my issue and everyone else's including the browser based version?  Can you please escalate? Thank you.

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, listen to this carefully. It has been posted on a number of threads by many people. We stopped getting incoming messages to our devices that were not our main Verizon phone, we are also not getting the incoming messages on the Verizon web page. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on our main Verizon phone as well as the device that is also supposed to get messages. We have deregistered and regesitered the devices not getting the messages. NOTHING HELPS.

The fact is in the first thread that I link to, all of this was said over and over and over.... one of the Verizon people in that thread gave a link to Verizon's online message center and asked if messages were comin into that -- THE ANSWER IS NO! If the messages aren't coming into Verizon's online platform, than it is a Verizon problem, NOT USER created.

Just so you have no excuse not to issue a ticket, my main phone I'd a Galaxy S3 and the device I am not getting my messages on anymore is an iPad (and yes, I did shut off my iMessage service as it advises somewhere on this morass of a customer support platform).

WE ARE FRUSTRATED BECAUSE WE WENT THROUGH ALL THIS, DID TROUBLESHOOTING WITH 7 OR 8 PEOPLE IN YOUR POSTION, ALL TO NO AVAIL. THEN, ONE OF YOU MARKS THE INITIAL THREAD WITH THREE PAGES OF ACTIVITY AS "ASSUMED ANSWERED"! IT HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED AND VERIZON, THROUGH THEIR ACTIONS, HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT THEY ARE UNWILLING TO OPEN A TICKET OR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM.

This is customer support?

0 Likes