Message+ not syncing at all on OSX Mojave
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ on OSX was progressively getting less and less useful as new versions of OSX have been released after Sierra. It sync'ed fewer and fewer messages, hung when viewing a thread with images, and crashed several times per day. Now, it doesn't sync anything at all with OSX Mojave v10.14. I've uninstalled, cleared settings, and reinstalled.

Verizon - do you plan to update this app at all to keep up with new OS releases ?  It's completely unusable now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ not syncing at all on OSX Mojave
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAMSIS30, making sure that you're able to use Message+ on your Mac is of the utmost importance. We definitely don't want this to be an ongoing issue with your Message+ functionality. Do you get any error messages when attempting to use Message+? When did you first start experiencing these issues? 

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't get any error messages, it silently fails to sync anything. This started happening immediately after the OSX Mojave install, I've tried it on two separate Macs and both behave the same.

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clean install of Mac OS 10.14 Mojave.  Message+ does not work at all. Get your act together Verizon.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

DAMSIS30,

Your efforts are appreciated. Another options would be to reset the device completely to factory settings and seeing if the issues persist. If your device is backed up, you can see how to restore your device to factory settings here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support .

AdamG_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

@adamg_vzw

Did you even read the post ?  This is for an OSX system not IOS, and two of us have tried your software on brand new OSX Mojave installation with the same failed results.

Does Verizon bother to test for the issue themselves before responding to these questions ?  Pretty easy to replicate in this case.

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Adamg_vzw,

Please don't make comments like this. Read what is being said and try it on your own.

Do you have a Macintosh Computer?

Are you running OSX Version 10.14 Mojave on your Macintosh computer?

Is Verizon Message+ working for you?

There are hundreds of posts all over the internet from very technical people like myself.  We have tried EVERYTHING.  Verizon Message+ does not work on Macintosh OSX Version 10.14 Mojave for anyone.

FIX IT.

jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

DAMSIS30,

We want to make sure you can take advantage of this great feature. Let's get a few more details. Have you been able to log into your My Verizon account from your Mac to see if you can view your messages? Do you just have problems syncing the message or can you send? Can you view any older message or see your contacts?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jeneller_vzw,

I can logon to the Verizon website and use the messages just fine, but this issue is not about your website, it's about the Message+ native OSX application, which does not function at all as we've all said.

VZW reps keep saying how much you all care about our experience, but I've not seen any evidence that you've made an attempt to reproduce the behavior so your engineers can fix it.

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

JenelleR_VZW

Of course we can log into our accounts and view messages with a web browser. That's not what we want to do.  We want to use a piece if software your company makes... it's called Verizon Message+.  It's a program you can download from the internet and install on your computer to view and send messages.  Do you understand that?  Do you need a little more help trying to understand the problem, or should we just wait for another person from Verizon to come along and not address the actual issue?

If you DON'T have a Macintosh Computer running OSX Version 10.14 Mojave with Verizon Message+ installed, please don't make any comments on this issue.

If you DO have a Macintosh Computer running OSX Version 10.14 Mojave with Verizon Message+ installed, please tell us why it's not working.

When we open Verizon Message+ on a Macintosh Computer running OSX Version 10.14 Mojave, NOTHING happens.  The main window comes up, no messages load, you can not send, receive, view, or do anything with the app.

We also have telephone numbers that we pay your company a ton of money for. Maybe you could call one of us to move this issue forward and get it resolved?

0 Likes