Re: Message+ not syncing at all on OSX Mojave
RAYMIL79

Verizon?  Can we at least get an ETA.  I need to decide if I can wait for the update or if I need to downgrade my MAC

0 Likes
misterlds
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have 3 choices.

#1 Wait for Verizon - They don't care about this, and probably won't resolve it anytime soon.

#2 Use the web browser based SMS @ web.vma.vzw.com

#3 Switch to Pulse SMS on Android or iMessage on Mac.

I ended up switching to Pulse SMS, it's pretty good.  I have no confidence in Verizon. I don't think they even understand that they make an application for Macintosh computers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, RAYMIL79, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We'd be more than happy to review this further and ensure we provide you with the best and most accurate information in regard to our Verizon compatibility. The reason we say this, is that currently we are unable to see any of our services can gain access to the server you're speaking of. However, we want to look at our options to get this fixed for you. Have you cleared your cache/cookies, as well as your browsing history? Last, can you confirm that the latest Software Update has been completed on our iMac device?

0 Likes
RAYMIL79

Verizon sent me a message but when I go to the link it says "content is restricted".  I'll reply here.  I'm not sure what cache/cookies in my browser has to do with the app.  But yes, cleared.  Still not working.  Yes my MAC has the latest updates.

0 Likes
RAYMIL79

Verizon, the issue started around November 23rd when I updated the OS.  It does successfully sync randomly about once a day.  I'm using the message+ app on MAC, not the browser.

0 Likes
RAYMIL79

The server the client is having TLS handshake problems with is

391811.874260192.168.1.1192.168.1.107DNS209Standard query response 0x5b5b A syncva.vzmessages.com A 52.7.31.20 A 54.81.93.44 A 52.86.111.223 A 54.86.253.20 A 54.210.240.253 A 54.89.12.49 A 34.192.162.89 A 52.201.52.102

414312.37103952.7.31.20192.168.1.107TLSv1.285Encrypted Alert

I can provide a complete packet capture if that would help resolve this issue.

0 Likes
RAYMIL79

Strangely the sync started working yesterday...  However, there was also an MAC OS update to Beta 4.

0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is interesting RAYMIL79, an SSL decoding of the packet capture could prove that the recent versions of OSX Mojave are simply missing a trusted root certificate which may have been added back in Beta 4.

In any case, I'm very disappointed in the dismal response from Verizon. I ended up following a previous reference from misterlds to Pulse SMS which is superior in almost every way to Message+. A $10 lifetime fee was worth it for me.

0 Likes
STENO250

It's not working for me.  It synch'd messages, but the cursor blinks very slowly and intermittently and I get the spinning beach ball.  When I try to close the app from the dock, I get the Application Not Responding and have to force quit.  So in my opinion, it's still not working.

0 Likes
waal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto for me,

0 Likes