Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message not syncing in vehicle
tsackett

My Mazda  will read my text messages out loud.  Within the past several several months it stopped.  I still can use Bluetooth for audio or make calls.  All my settings are correct.  Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it ? Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message   not syncing in vehicle
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Did your phone have an update around the time this started? Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Message not syncing in vehicle
tsackett

I  have  a Note 8.  It did work for a bit after my last update.  Interestingly it would sync about every other message to the car, then it stopped completely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know it is nice to have your car read your messages Tsackett. Safety always comes first. I would love to help to see what is going on. What messaging application are you using? Does it work on another phone? What Mazda car do you have? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tsackett

Hello! I'm using message plus. I have the Note 8. Unfortunately I do not have access to another phone to test this. It is very strange that I am getting phone and audio through Bluetooth, but not the text messages.

0 Likes
Re: Message   not syncing in vehicle
tsackett

Problem solved. Apparently both people cannot have message +.  Changed my husband back to stick message spp on his galaxy 9 and now I can get his messages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tsackett, It's awesome to hear that you solved the issue. Keep us updated if anything changes. Is there anything else that we can help with

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes