Message+ not syncing on tablet until app is opened.
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Suddenly VM (6.6.7) stopped syncing on my Tab S2 unless I open the app. I disconnected the device, uninstalled/reinstalled, and reconnected. Still doesn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ not syncing on tablet until app is opened.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JATSATX, your messages are important and senders want to be heard. You have taken some great steps already. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Are you experiencing any issues sending the messages? Any new apps, games or software other than this update? Is the tab connected to Wi-Fi or the cellular network?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

No problem sending. No new apps, games or software. Wifi only. Integrated

Messaging recently had to be "reprovisioned" by network support, but this

didn't start until a week or so after that was done. Maybe a background

sync prroblem?

Judi  [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JATSATX, let's try these steps. 

Run Device Health Check 

1. From the Home screen, tap the My Verizon app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-left) then tap Devices.
  3. Tap Manage to choose the appropriate device.
  4. From the Manage tab, tap Run health check.
  5. From the Device Health Check page, tap any of the following items then follow instructions to make improvements:
    Note  Available options vary depending upon device.
    Note Items that can be improved are listed next to an exclamation mark inside a red or yellow circle.
    • Battery
    • Storage
    • Performance
    • Connectivity

Note For additional info on the My Verizon app, check out these FAQs.

Manage Automatic Health Check 

1. From the Device Health Check screen, tap the Auto Health Check.
  2. Tap the Auto run health check? switch to turn on Switch On icon or off Switch Off icon.
  3. Tap the Dropdown menu Dropdown Menu icon to configure the following as preferred:
  4. Time of auto run
    Note Tap OK to set time.
  5. Pick a day of the week
  6. Select one of the following:
    Note Selected when a checkmark is present.
    • Run every week 
    • Run every two weeks
  7. Tap Cleaning Tasks then select the preferred options from the 'Auto tasks' and 'Manual tasks' sections.
    Note Selected when a checkmark is present.
    • Clean cache (Temporary files)
    • Turn brightness to auto
    • Screen Timeout (Set to default of 60 seconds)
    • Turn location off
    • Turn NFC off
    • Power Cycle
    • Internal Storage
    • Suspicious Apps
    • Apps Draining Battery
  8. Tap Save (located at the bottom).

StephanieS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Um, this is a galaxy TAB S2, wifi only, as I already told you. This device is not on my Verizon account, is not listed in My Devices section at MyVerizon, so I can't run health check on it. The Verizon Messages app is installed on the tablet and connected through my phone number.

I can send texts using the app on my TabS2, and I receive them WHEN I OPEN THE APPLICATION. That's the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JATSATX, thank you so much for the steps you have completed. I apologize that the Device Health Check feature was advised to complete. Since we do not have the S2 device on the network, we will have limited details into the problem. I did want to complete a few troubleshooting steps. Can you tell me if you have any battery saving settings enabled? Settings> Battery. Please check to see if they are active. This could prevent the app from updating in the background.  Also, have you experienced any problems with any other apps on the tablet when it is connected to wifi? Please keep us posted on the results.

Veronica_VZW

0 Likes
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Veronica,

No Battery Saving settings in place. HOWEVER, Samsung has installed a Device Maintenance app. Nothing is enabled for automatic background battery saving or optimization. I hate that stuff. However, there's a "problem app" section that reports that Message+ has been regularly crashing since this issue began.

Screenshot_20180916-085450.png

Screenshot_20180916-084632.png

The Device maintenance app was install many months ago, before I had any issue with this app. Current version is installed. If Message+ has been crashing, it must be doing so in the background without my knowledge. As previously stated, I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app several times already, during this period of time.

0 Likes
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, and no other problems. The Device Maintenance app wants to "optimize" some battery draining apps, but Messages is not on the list, and I don't allow it to optimize anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Judi, we can definitely understand your concern with this matter. Is the software on this device that most up to date that you know of? 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
JATSATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.

0 Likes