Message+ on Galaxy S5 not downloading text automatically
a4

Got the phone last week. I'm not receiving notifications that a message has arrived even though I set up the audible notification alert. When I do get a message, the app requires me to download the text instead of it automatically performing the download. Once downloaded, then the audible alert sounds. I can't find any setting to change this action. Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message on Galaxy S5 not downloading text automatically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds a bit odd, a4. Let's see what we can do to help. Is the text app you are using the preinstalled messaging app? By chance, is WiFi on and connected to a router when you are asked to download the text?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Message  on Galaxy S5 not downloading text automatically
a4

Yes, Message+.

No. WIFI isn't connected. I don't have the setting "Sync over WIFI only" checked. So I should be getting texts over the 4G connection automatically. Never had to download texts with any carrier. I should simply be notified to then read it.

0 Likes
Re: Message  on Galaxy S5 not downloading text automatically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry a4! The messaging app that you're using is actually not the preferred messaging service. The message app that you're using is Verizon Messages. Please revert to the original messaging application that simply says messages. This icon will be yellow in color and have a picture of an envelope. Please change your default messaging service to this option and retest. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Message+ on Galaxy S5 not downloading text automatically
cru3rdbari

I was having the exact same problem with my new S5, though it is December, 2014.  The above solution to change from Messenger+ to regular Messenger worked.  All of my old messages showed up, and I did not have to download or change any settings!

0 Likes