Message+ on iPad keeps crashing
aredub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using Message+ on a wifi-only iPad running iOS 14.3. The app crashes every time I open it. (It works fine on my Android phone and my Windows 10 desktop.) The symptom: When I launch the app it starts, freezes for a minute or two as if it's loading messages or out of memory, then crashes before loading the conversations list. Restarting it usually gets it to work, but the next time I open the app the same thing happens.

I've tried force-quitting the app, rebooting the phone, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. The last one worked for a day, then the problem started again. 

This is fairly recent behavior -- I've been using Message+ on this iPad for years. 

0 Likes
Re: Message+ on iPad keeps crashing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aredub, texting is my main means of communication and I use Messages+ on my tablet all the time.  I would be lost if I did not receive them.  I am here to help and we will get to the bottom of this.  When did the crashing start?  What changes were made when this started (device software updates, app updates, etc)? 

0 Likes
aredub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's been about a month since this started. I'm pretty sure I haven't updated iOS in that time. Apps are set to auto-update, so any of them could have changed. This is an iPad, so there haven't been any hardware changes.

As I said, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Message+ and that made it a bit more stable, but it still crashes multiple times a day, and is very slow to load whenever I open it or switch back to it -- even if I was in the app seconds earlier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, thank you for that info, aredub. Now let me ask you, is this happening on cellular service on your tablet, or is your tablet connected to Wi-Fi when this happens?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
aredub
Enthusiast - Level 1

Per my initial post, this is a wifi-only iPad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely appreciate the clarification, aredub. By any chance have you noticed if this happens across different Wi-Fi networks? Are you able to access Message+ on any other device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
HEH1

I have the same problem.  Started two weeks ago.  Nothing makes it work on my IPad.  Have to read text messages on my android phone

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@HEH1 wrote:

I have the same problem.  Started two weeks ago.  Nothing makes it work on my IPad.  Have to read text messages on my android phone

I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago after an iOS update.  I uninstalled/re-installed the Message+ app and that corrected the problem.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can provide guidance through here. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
Sassykid

Having the same issue. Started today.

0 Likes