Message+ on macos Sierra stuck on "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data"
Staceman

I have the Message+ app on macos Sierra 10.12.6. The app originally worked alright, but now when I try to launch it, it immediately pops up with a dialog saying the device has been disconnected, and only gives me the button "Erase & Reconnect" to click. When I click it, it then shows the spinning icon saying "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data" and it just stays there. I have left it sit in that state for several hours and it never completed. I can exit the app normally. I even logged into my account and removed my Mac from the list of connected devices, thinking that may make a difference. I re-launched the app afterwards, and the same thing happens. I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and it still does the same thing. Is there any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ on macos Sierra stuck on "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staceman, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Verizon Messages+. Let's work together to get it working, so you can enjoy it once again. It sounds like you are using the desktop app from a Mac computer, is that correct? Do you have any other computer that you can install the app on, and if so, does it work on another computer?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Staceman

Yes, this is the desktop app on a Mac. I have successfully used the app on this computer in the past, as well as on a Windows machine. I have 2 user profiles on the Mac, one for home and one for work, and the problem may have started when I tried using the app on the work profile. After that, the app stopped working on the home profile. I was able to disconnect the app from the work profile on the same computer, but it continued to be a problem on the home profile.

However, after disconnecting from the other profile, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app again, and that seems to have done the trick. It finally asked me to register again, and I was able to use the app again on the home profile again, so this issue can be considered resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staceman,

I am so happy to hear that it is working again! I apologize for the difficulty you've had in getting this resolved. For online support 24x7, check our our support page. Check it out here: http://spr.ly/65888fNfw

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes