Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message+ on macos Sierra stuck on "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data"
Staceman

I have the Message+ app on macos Sierra 10.12.6. The app originally worked alright, but now when I try to launch it, it immediately pops up with a dialog saying the device has been disconnected, and only gives me the button "Erase & Reconnect" to click. When I click it, it then shows the spinning icon saying "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data" and it just stays there. I have left it sit in that state for several hours and it never completed. I can exit the app normally. I even logged into my account and removed my Mac from the list of connected devices, thinking that may make a difference. I re-launched the app afterwards, and the same thing happens. I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and it still does the same thing. Is there any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ on macos Sierra stuck on "Disconnecting Device & Erasing Data"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Staceman, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Verizon Messages+. Let's work together to get it working, so you can enjoy it once again. It sounds like you are using the desktop app from a Mac computer, is that correct? Do you have any other computer that you can install the app on, and if so, does it work on another computer?

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Staceman

Yes, this is the desktop app on a Mac. I have successfully used the app on this computer in the past, as well as on a Windows machine. I have 2 user profiles on the Mac, one for home and one for work, and the problem may have started when I tried using the app on the work profile. After that, the app stopped working on the home profile. I was able to disconnect the app from the work profile on the same computer, but it continued to be a problem on the home profile.

However, after disconnecting from the other profile, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app again, and that seems to have done the trick. It finally asked me to register again, and I was able to use the app again on the home profile again, so this issue can be considered resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Staceman,

I am so happy to hear that it is working again! I apologize for the difficulty you've had in getting this resolved. For online support 24x7, check our our support page. Check it out here: http://spr.ly/65888fNfw

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes