Re: Message plus does not show how many texts I have
d_schafer01

I get my actual messages but they are not indicated on the Message + icon.

On Jan 8, 2018 11:09 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, thanks for the details. When did this start happening Davidschafer01? Any new apps or software since the issue began?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
d_schafer01

As I mentioned before, this problem started several days after a recent

system update.

On Jan 10, 2018 6:48 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the confirmation on that, Davidschafer01. If you go to the Google play store and search for the messaging + app, you should be able to uninstall the latest update. Please uninstall the latest update and see if the notifications reappear over the app when someone sends you a message. I'm not saying that this is a permeant solution. I just want to see if the issue persists or not if you uninstall the latest version.

JoeyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the duplicate question Davidschafer01. We want to be sure we get this resolved for you. Do you hear a notification sound when you receive a text? Can you please go to Settings, Apps, App manager. Then tap the Message Plus app. Then tap notifications. Tap any of the available options that would control the notifications, such as Block: "show no notifications for this app". Please keep us posted to see if this works.

RosanneM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
d_schafer01

I Uninstaller the latest updates for Message +. Still no notifications.

On Jan 12, 2018 8:21 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidschaefer01, thanks for keeping us updated. Currently we are showing that this is a known issue on this deice with this application. If you go into setting and disable Verizon Messages Plus app and enable the regular Samsung Messaging option, does the notification show up for you?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
d_schafer01

I do not have a Samsung phone.  I have a Moto z.

I have done this with the basic messaging app.  A dot shows up on the icon

which is quite difficult to notice.

I prefer Message+.  At this time I have enabled the pop up having no other

choice.

David [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to get your notifications is essential, Davidschafer01. I have sent you a private message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
d_schafer01

I do not have a Twitter account and I prefer not to set one up as I

mentioned before.

Would you please send your suggestions to this email address?

Thank you.

David [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes