Re: Message plus not working on Computer
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support  Can someone escalate this thread and the other one related, to Technical Support for investigation?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe we all need to send emails to verizonmessages at verizonwireless.com to report this issue and get someones attention.  I've sent them emails on other bug issues and got this included in the response:

"When submitting a bug report, please describe the problem, including the steps to reproduce it.  If possible, send us a screenshot showing related error messages or demonstrating your problem.  Please include the following information (for each impacted device) in your e-mail:

• Device Manufacturer
  • Model Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
  • Build/Firmware Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
  • Version of Verizon Messages (Menu > More > About)

Thanks for using Verizon Messages!

The Verizon Messages Team"

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Giantbear4, we know it's vital that you're able to send and receive messages on all your devices, and we would love to help. Have you installed new updates on your computer? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application? Are you getting an error message?   

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
gpurinton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just installed the Message+ app on my desktop computer with Windows 10. It synced with my Samsung Galaxy S10, but only messages older than 2 1/2 weeks appeared. I sent a message from the desktop app, but it has not appeared on the phone Message+ app. There are no error messages displayed. I have not installed any updates, but Microsoft keeps applying updates with pop-up messages during every system boot asking if I want to allow Windows to make changes to the system.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @aarons_vzw   Have these Message+ issues been escalated to the Technical Support Messaging group?

0 Likes
S_Kinison
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish anyone from Verizon who is doing a copy/paste of stock response questions would just READ THE THREAD.  This is happening to a LOT of people in the exact same way:

- Messages are NOT being sync'd to Message+ on the PC app

- There is no error message being displayed.  New messages just aren't appearing.

- This appears to have started to be a wide-spread problem July 27 or July 28

- There's no way all of us did the exact same thing (change password, install other stuff, etc.)

I look forward to the next stock copy/pasted question in response that doesn't help anyone.  Thanks.

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you S_Kinison,

I've been trying to compose a message without including my typical sarcastic angry thoughts.

Thanks for doing it for me/us.

jav6 (Sr. Member) did ask the boilerplate message poster (on the other thread) an ironic question, to get their problem theory. "Are you saying/suspecting certain phones..."; I would also appreciate a response to jav6's questions.

You might wish to monitor this other thread, in case something shows up:

[https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-Plus-not-syncing-with-windows-10/m...]

0 Likes
Milton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure I replying in the proper place. But, I did note that the user who supplied a Windows build number and IS having issues is on a current build of Windows 10 as am I. I too am having issues:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

OS Build 18362.267

The user who reported he was NOT having issues in on an older version of Widows 10: Version 1809

Maybe there is something in the new build?

0 Likes
LymanT2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  So irritating to have a company representative supposedly trying to provide assistance and yet, it is so painfully obvious that they have not read or understood anything previously posted.

Does not inspire any confidence in a solution being presented.

Sadly, I experience the same thing frequently from many companies.

LymanT2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

AaronS

Q: Have you bothered to even read through the thread?

A: No, you have not.  All the questions you just asked have been covered in the discussion.