Re: Message plus not working on Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure that your apps are working like they should! Have you ensured the app was up to date on the device, as well as the device's software? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
rich335789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please stop asking the same darn question. This same exact questions is replicated over 10 times in this tread. 

Marge1157
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to discover this isn't just happening to me.  Phone will not sync with computer.

Bob_F4

I, too, am experiencing this issue with both Verizon Message+ for PC AND Verizon Messages for Windows 10. Phone syncs up properly, but apps haven't synced since 8/12. There is NO way, in ANY app, to disable/enable Integraged Messaging.

Phone app is up to date. Message+ is version 1.0.17.0. Messages for Windows 10 was newly installed today (8/16) in an attempt to troubleshoot.

Please help!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

In the Desktop app v1.0.17.0, you can go into Settings and 'Disconnect Device' which disables Integrated Messaging for that device.

In the Desktop app v2.0.2.0, you can go into Settings and 'Manage Devices' to disable Integrated Messaging for devices connected to the phone number. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
cjpower7
Enthusiast - Level 2

My first post about this problem was a couple of weeks ago. One of the solutions offered by Customer Service was to log into the web version of Message+ to see if things were syncing properly to the verizon servers. I did and they were. I was happy to use the web app until the desktop app was fixed.

Today...

Messages can be sent from the web app but replies are sent to my phone. Nothing I send out syncs to my phone and replies coming in don't sync to the app, desktop or web.

I tried to do a windows update on my computer a couple of days ago because I know that my windows 10 is stuck on an older version. I was not able to update it, but that is a separate issue. The version of my windows 10 has been on my computer since sometime last year and message + worked just fine until about a month ago.

The purpose for my post today is to report that the web app has stopped syncing for me today like the desktop app did a month ago.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here.  Prior to upgrading to Win10 about 4 weeks back, all was good, hardly ever a problem with win7.  And it worked on Win10 up until the 13th of this month.  The strange thing is, I have one number (fortunately a business contact) that the messaging works properly, all the rest are in 'limbo'...

From what I can tell from reading through both threads on this is that most of the posters have not gotten resolution, albeit, there are a few that seem to have gotten it working again.

This is a HUGE problem.  I run most of my business conversations through Messenger, the daily back and forth stuff, ETA, pick up supplies, casual job estimates, a very easy way to communicate when operating a business. 

It worked for years, now it is broken.  I know the Verizon people here are trying, but I get the impression they really don't have handle on this at all.  Repeating the same darn questions over and over again does not cut it.  This needs to be escalated to the highest priority.

The current version of Messenger is B R O K E N.....

Haven't reached totally pi**ed yet, but I am getting close.  Fix it...

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Today, Friday, August 16, 2019,

I Disconnected then uninstalled the Verizon Messages app from my Windows 10 desktop computer (P9X79), rebooted, and reinstalled it from the Microsoft Store, then re-Connected it to my Primary cell phone number.

As Johnmav (Member) posted on 08-16-2019 02:39 PM:
"... the messages did populate (although it happened very slowly)".

I then ran my send/receive/sync tests again.

I remain disappointed to find that the Verizon Messages app still FAILED/FAILS to sync any messages, NOT from the Verizon Messages apps on my other Windows 7/10 computers, subsequent to the last successfully synced messages on 7/19 (7/19/2019) shown here:

P9X79 2019-08-16_a.png

The following confirms the same results in the Verizon Message+ app on my Windows 7 desktop computer (P6T-DELUXE-V2):

P6T-DELUXE-V2 2019-08-16_b.png

By contrast, for comparison, the web browser based Verizon Messages page shows ALL messages associated with my primary cell number, including the most recent successfully synced messages on 8/13 (8/13/2019) shown here:

Web 2019-08-16_a.png

My previous post, Wednesday, August 14, 2019 08:43 PM, "The Windows apps now FAIL to sync to Verizon Messages on their web page" has corrected itself (or maybe just completed populating "although it happened very slowly"?).

Reviewing all 8 of my available devices/browsers, I have confirmed there has been NO CHANGE to the SUCCESS/FAILURE results as tabulated in my original spreadsheet matrix (current status shown here):

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

jafauske (Member)

CC to verizonmessages, at, verizonwireless, dot, com as an email,

as directed by @melissap_vzw Community Manager @vzw_customer_support

Open the Message+ app.

Click Menu > Settings > Account.

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

I tried the old web based Message+ this morning, same results as the new one from the M$ store.  This is beyond unbelievable that an app that has worked properly for years, wasn't recently updated, has quit working.

This leads me to believe it is Microsoft problem, maybe Defender.

Strange you can send messagesfrom PC's but can't receive anymore...

Later today when I have time I am going to disable/suspend Defender after uninstalling both messeger apps, then re-install and see if that makes any difference.

It will get fixed sooner or later, there has to be a bevy of Verizon employees that have the same problem,  I am sure they are working on it (fingers crossed)...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marge1157, we want to ensure your phone is working at all times. How exactly are you syncing your phone to your PC? What exactly happens when you try to sync your phone to your computer? 

0 Likes