Re: Message plus not working on Computer
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon offers the same service as the Google online app via their web based app, works on any web browser.  I am currently using it and it links everything like it should.  It is a bit inconvienient in that you have to log on every time for usage, and there is no instant notification popouts when messages come in, but at least it works...

Google is certainly an option, great to have options...

0 Likes
Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they do but it's a bigger hassle to get to the Verizon online place since you need to login first.  Google version no need once you establish the connection

angiebeh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone tried it today?  All of a sudden it's working; at least for now.

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1
Member angiebeh,
How great to hear you are experiencing success.
I just ran all my test cases and NOTHING has changed for me.
My results are exactly as they have been since 19 July 2019.
Same result matrix (attached below).
Are you able to duplicate my "no sync" tests with "success"?
eg. Text from Windows app to outside number, shows in Android app?
or Text from Android app to outside number, shows in Windows app?

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

@angiebeh wrote:

That is exactly the behavior I'm seeing between my android phone and my laptop.  I think it may have started just after I allowed an update on my Samsung 10 cell phone.

Is it possible that your "laptop" is an Apple iOS device?
My iPad Air has always synced successfully, but nothing gets synced back to my Windows (7 or 10) devices.

0 Likes
mschiff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you have to uninstall and re-install to get it to work?  Also, are you using the version that is in the Microsoft store?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
mschiff
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only messages I am getting are from one of my kids who also uses Verizon Messages on her phone.  All other texts do NOT come through the desktop version.

sheryl52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Messages sent from my laptop on Windows 10 do not sync to my phone and vice-versa.  But all messages show up on the web version.

Sheryl
WCROSS89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Listen, it is Verizon's responsibility to certify their apps with each Windows 10 update. I am noot going to uninstall needed security updates to help Verizon fix their problems.

jenny99

I am having the same exact problem.  It seems as though I can get messages on my Windows 10 laptop from other Verizon users but not others, although that is just a theory based on who I'm getting messages from and not a large sample.

0 Likes