Message plus not working on Computer
waywardfarm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not receiving messages on computer app? I can send but not receive. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have disconnected computer via phone app and reconnected. It will say syncing but still same problem. Was working fine until few days ago. I have read all the forum and it's still not fixed. I HATE texting from my phone..prefer a laptop or computer. PLease Verizon fix the problem.

184 Replies
jav6
Champion - Level 3

As reported by @vzw_customer_support , @PamD_VZW on the other thread the workaround is to use the web site access for messaging and not the desktop app.  However, I opened the https://web.vma.vzw.com website for access to Verizon Messaging and it STILL DOES NOT SYNC my messages to my contact using a Galaxy Core Prime phone on MagicJack/Ymax mobile.  Their messages to me are sync'ed fine but mine NOT.  Both directions are sync'ed on my Droid Turbo 2 on the VZW account.   Also, my messages to an iPhone on VZW were NOT sync'ed before on the desktop app and they ARE STILL NOT SYNC'ed on the web site access.  SAME ISSUE ON YOUR WORKAROUND AS THE 'INCOMPATIBLE DESKTOP APP' FOR ME.   IT IS APPARENT THAT THE NON-SYNC'ING MESSAGES REACHED AND ARE AVAILABLE IN THE MESSAGING SERVER BUT FOR SOME REASON, NOT BEING FORWARDED TO THE DESKTOP APP NOR THE WEB SITE ACCESS.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Another ANNOYING 'feature' of the web site messaging access is the web site TIMEOUT.  After a few minutes of inactivity (same as general vzw.com web access) you are LOGGED OUT and have to log back in to stay connected to messaging.  Not helpful when monitoring for incoming messages.

If anyone has any solution to this TIMEOUT, let me know.  I use multiple browsers with the same issue.

mattkeowen

The situation just gets worse. Seems like even the poorly implemented web interface no longer works consistently.  And that points to not an issue with the desktop but something in Verizon's infrastructure that's hosed. Any further insights on this issue would be helpful.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Appears 'no further insight' is on the horizon or will be helpful unless it comes from the Verizon Messaging Team.

0 Likes
917379DR

I read these 18 pages of chat and called Version today as I had the same issue. Using a Pixel 4 and I used the google messages app for a while, other than when I travel abroad when I use Message+ for wifi messaging. I recently decided to switch back to message+ so I can sync to all my computers and tablets. Android messages works great and syncs to PC but not to other tablets. Message+ should sync to all. But now it only syncs to Android and not to PC. 

I have 3 android devices and 3 windows PCs linked. Androids all work great and sync messages fine. My windows do not sync messages.

Verizon kept me on the line for an hour today. After a few escalations he advised that the windows app is no longer supported. No further info and no way to fix it.

Bummer.

I can't believe they don't have a replacement for this app. Does anyone know of a good cross operating system solution to get messages on android tablets, phone, and windows PCs?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues, 917379DR. We want all of the services Verizon Wireless offers to work for you. You can find more about Verizon Messages and compatible operating systems by clicking here: http://spr.ly/66081t3Cw When using Verizon Messages, some features aren't available on a computer. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Sorry to hear about the issues, 917379DR. We want all of the services Verizon Wireless offers to work for you. You can find more about Verizon Messages and compatible operating systems by clicking here: http://spr.ly/66081t3Cw When using Verizon Messages, some features aren't available on a computer. ChrisM_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @chrism_vzw   Really?  There are 18 pages in this thread discussing issues with Message+, Windows 10 and sync'ing over multiple devices.  How many posts by @vzw_customer_support say 'Message+ is not compatible with Windows 10'?   The link you provided even still erroneously says Windows 10 is supported.  Now @chrism_vzw , you're saying 'some features aren't available on a computer'?  C'mon, find out from tech support what the status is with Message+, Windows 10 and sync'ing over multiple devices and post that here.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to "It is a endless stream of going nowhere"

Support is not really spot on here....

0 Likes
angiebeh
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is really frustrating.  My 2 devices are so out of sync now that I have to cross reference my laptop and my phone to make any stinking sense of a text message thread.

I rely heavily on the desktop app when I'm working as it's so much faster than stopping what I'm doing to fat finger a text message on my cell phone.

gonsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Message+ started working again on my laptop and desktop.  Just glad it's operational again.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

Same story over and over again.  Message + worked just fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10 for a long time.  To say it is somehow now not compatible with either OS is a cop out.

What made it incompatible after years of fairly steady operation?

What is really up with the app?

Is it moving towards a paid app?

And the beat goes on...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with Message+ on Windows, bldegle2. I know that the loss of this functionality is less than ideal. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. http://spr.ly/660816UY8 The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

RyanM_VZW

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Jesus H.  You have to be a bot.  The app works again, both the old 1.7 and the new 2.2 from the M$ store.  I really can't believe a real person , or persons, can be this ignorant.  READ THE RECENT POSTS, it appears that I am not the only one reporting it works again.

Support my butt, NOTHING that has been presented here at the forums by any of the support staff worked.

Now it works, obviously.  Whether it was a server intrusion or a M$ update I guess we will never know.  Support is pathetic and clueless.

Have a nice day...

0 Likes
Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

But the real question is, will it only work for a while or is it fixed?  Only time will tell.  Meanwhile, the Google Web Messages seems to consistently work.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Well, that didn't last long.  Now a new problem.  Messages sync fine on the PC apps (both of them, 1.17 and 2.2), but are not sycning on my phone as of yesterday, just the opposite of the previous annoying problem.

Whatever is going on it is getting beyond tenable.

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, this is what I discovered so far.  Messages sent from the PC app are being delivered to the recipients, but not to my phone.  However, the return replies show up on the phone and the PC.  It was working fine for a couple of days, now messing up up again...

Verizon has got to get their shiza together, this has become a nightmare...

jav6
Champion - Level 3

It is interesting that the PC desktop version did NOT change or get updated from v2.0.2.0.  Any 'fix' attempts must have been done on the server(s) or the communication with the servers.  My Win10 laptop running v1.0.17.0 now receives 'some' of the text updates where, so far, my Win10 desktop running v2.0.2.0 has received all the messages (small sample though, not much texting activity).  The solution might be getting closer, but sync'ing still doesn't seem consistent.

JoeinSac

It appears the online messaging web client online works with the 1st phone number on the account. Is there any way to select the other lines on the account to be able to use the online messaging web client with the other phone numbers on the account?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Do the other lines on the account have login profiles and integrated messaging activated?  You should only need to log in using the Messaging web access/client using those lines' login profile.

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Works inconsistently. SOmetimes it syncs. And sometimes it does not. I cannot rely on messages being sent via the computer Message+ App.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

I agree, sometimes it syncs, other times it doesn't.  The crossplatform area still needs work, ie, phone and computer.  I will say that all messages sent are received by the recipients no matter whether sent on PC or phone...

It is about 75% there.  Hupefully it will resolve itself shortly....

0 Likes