Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Message plus on OnePlus 8 double notifications one message
renfest

I have been getting double notifications but one messages my message plus app on my OnePlus 8 I have clear cache cleared storage uninstalled it reinstalled it and I'm still getting double notifications but one message 

0 Likes
Re: Message plus on OnePlus 8 double notifications one message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Seeing double notifications can be alarming, renfast. We're here to help. I understand you're using a OnePlus 8 device & it's happening with all messages except one. To gain clarity, do the double notifications appear with Message+ & a different messaging app, or just Message+? When did this issue begin?  Is the message Plus app currently up to date? 

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
renfest

no it is only happening on messenger plus I cleared out cash I cleared out storage I uninstalled messenger I turn my phone off turn my phone on reinstalled it and I'm still getting the same issue this has been happening for over a week I've gotten no help through Verizon tech or anything my Facebook Messenger is not connected to my messenger plus so that's not an issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is certainly curious. If you set a different app as default, do you only get one set of notifications?

0 Likes
renfest

My messenger plus is the default messenger so just set another one as a default doesn't make any sense to me

0 Likes
renfest

I had gotten a replacement phone and after a a few week it started again double text notifications one message

0 Likes
acraftylady2

If it's a samsung phone test out the stock samsung messaging or if LG phone try LG messaging.  That might tell you if messaging plus is the problem. 

0 Likes
renfest

It's a OnePlus8 not Samsung or LG

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Try a different messaging app in any case to see what happens. 

0 Likes
renfest

There is no other one I would want to use  and FB messenger is not an option for work related stuff

0 Likes