Message+ randomly deleting photos under certain contacts. Why?
fyrestorm82

When you send and receive photos on messenger+ there is  a section under the persons name that allows you to view photos and videos.  Random times i click on it and they are all gone.  All the text messages are still there but the photos are gone.  Some contacts I have still have the photos from months ago, yet some other get deleted every few days, sometimes  maybe a week. Whats happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ randomly deleting photos under certain contacts. Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fyrestorm82,

It's important that none of your information gets deleted from your messaging history. I always rely on this information myself. I will be happy to help. Is your Message+ application updated? Have you tried to power cycle your device off and back on?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fyrestorm82

I have done both multiple times.  It still happens regardless.  And to just some of my contacts, not all. 

0 Likes
fyrestorm82

So, 2 hours ago it did it again.  All pictures gone.  I don't understand???  There's no reason they should be disappearing!!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

fyrestorm82​ , I love being able to go back and check out photos that I have shared. We definitely want to make sure that we help solve this mystery. What type of phone do you have? Do you ever get any error messages when attempting to review content on text messages?

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
hmgreene

I also have been experiencing this issue. Photos within text disappear, sometimes within hours of receiving the images and/or sending them. This only happens to one contact.

I have shut phone off, force stop Message+, restored to default messaging app. But still have the same issue. Phone is Turbo 2, Android version 7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hmgreene

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We know the importance of being able to save photos. After doing some research, I was able to find other reports of this, and we are currently looking into this. At the moment it is recommended to use the default message app on the phone until the issue is resolved.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAUSWE21

Has this been resolved yet? I have a Droid Turbo 2 with the same problem. I have done all the usual corrective measures with reboots, forced stop, clearing data, etc with no success. I have lost photos I use for work. Very disruptive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to lose any more images, PAUSWE21. It's important we get this working correctly for you. We appreciate your efforts and would like to learn more. Is this happening with multiple contacts or just one? If you save the image to your gallery is it still showing there? If you scroll through the text thread does the image display in the thread?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ randomly deleting photos under certain contacts.  Why?
PAUSWE21

It happened to multiple contacts. I did not save the photos to my gallery because I was not aware I would lose them. I would send or receive pictures from contacts and later (sometimes hours up to a couple of days) refer back to the thread and the text would all be there but the photos would be gone. I would even have e some contacts resend the photos to me. I would be able to view them for a bit and they would disappear again. I stopped using Message+ and went to the stock message app on the phone. I use my phone for work and cannot lose valuable information like this.

0 Likes