Re: Message received as random numbers, letters, and symbols. Is it a bug?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Takizzle wrote:

I agree.. My friends are getting weird symbols and such too, and i have an é on my signature.. I think that's probably what caused it, even though most of my friends have newer devices. Verizon to verizon shouldn't matter though.. I have the EnV Touch. It's really strange, and exact same problem you may had.

Just because it's a "newer" device doesn't necessarily mean it is an "enhanced messaging capable" device, and Verizon to Verizon really has nothing to do with it, it's the capability of the devices being used to send / receive. 

Excellent information on texting and how it works:

https://text1.vzw.com/text/jsp/text_messaging_faq.jsp#watstxtmsg

Thanks to AStormUser for the link!!

0 Likes
atwork1985

I have the enV Touch and it sends my texts as characters pretty frequently.  Mostly to friends on iphones. I don't have a signature and have had my phone exchanged and reprogrammed without success.  The techs at my Verizon store say they haven't seen it happen to anyone else.   Very frustrating.  Glad to see this forum and that It's not just happening to me.  I think it's a software bug with verizon.

0 Likes
sierrajinx9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, It is the SIGNATURE! When i had the LG 9400X Years back, it would do that all the time, and i figure out thats what it was so i deleted the signature and NEVER happened again!

0 Likes
chester9865

Hope you're not getting charged for these unreadable texts.....but knowing Verizon, you probably are.

0 Likes
rk2660

I have been having the same problem with my Chocolate Touch. I have that  e'  in my signature. I have removed it. I hope it works. Thank you for the advice!

0 Likes