Message+ rotating images 90°
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

Images are rotated 90° when I add them in a text. Images are correct in all other sms programs, only rotated in Message+. Just started happening. Cleared cache and even did a factory reset on my phone. Pixel 3 XL.

Re: Message+ rotating images 90°
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my. How strange. I understand a lot of time has been invested what with the reset. To be sure, does the picture come in sideways on the recipients phone? 

David_VZW

0 Likes
ebriff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Just started yesterday after sending two pictures back to back through the app. The first sent fine. The second sent sideways and it does go through sideways on the recipient's phone. Every picture sent since is rotated after tapping the send button. I have a Pixel 4a

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ebriff. That issue does sound pretty annoying to deal with. When did the issue start happening to you?   CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. Only on Message Plus. All other programs and text apps send the image fine.

I have a Pixel 3XL

0 Likes
Alicia_1984
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. It just started a few days ago and it's really annoying. I was sending myself some test photos and when I downloaded one it saved sideways as well. I don't want people to have to crick their neck to see a picture. This is happening in Verizon messages. I don't use another app except Discord.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange and we are committed to resolve this issue for you, Jakesroberts. The original post indicates that this happens when the picture is added to a text message. Does this happen if you send the text message first and the picture on a second message?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

The images are always rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. It does not matter how it is attached. I have tried every situation.

Again, this is only with the Message+ app. All other apps are working fine. My picture are taken with the phone and it is a Pixel 3.

0 Likes
Sirk72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll sum it up here. I have a Pixel 3 if it even matters, but it shouldn't. Android platform is the key.

All pics are rotated 90 degrees upon sending. They are received rotated as well. There has been no intentional change to anyone's software or hardware. This is a result of some update in the phone that we are all unaware of. We need a solution, not a continual stream of stalling questions from customer support.

This is ridiculous.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that your Message+ app is working properly at all times, and we are here to help. Please tell us, is your device connected to Wi-Fi? Is your device's software and apps up to date?
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes