Message+ security code on desktop version??
_r3a_Mar10
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LG V10 replacement cellphone won't power on (2nd phone from Jan 2017) due to a know bootloop issue. When I installed the Message + app on my tablet, I input my cellphone number to have the security code sent to me via text. I'm getting all my text messages from the, "My Verizon" website. I can receive all text messages, EXCEPT the security code text message. Can someone explain why this is happening and offer a solution to my problem? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ security code on desktop version??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

&r3a.Mar10,

We want to make sure you are able to get the security code. You would need to have your phone powered on in order to receive Text Messages. Can you help clarify what exactly is going on? Your phone is not able to be turned on, is that correct? Where are you receiving all of your other Text Messages?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
_r3a_Mar10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct, my phone will not power on. I am receiving my text messages on the "My Verizon > send message" section of Verizon website.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Since security codes for your number can only be received by the phone itself if you are able to activate a phone even temporarily on your line to receive the code you could get it that way

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What Deloused stated is an option that you can do, &r3a.Mar10. Assign another device to that line so that it can receive the text message. What is the make and model of your device? We can look into troubleshooting it to get it back up and running.

JoshuaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
_r3a_Mar10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Assign another device, as in switch/swap phone numbers between active devices? Make and Model of my device is LG v10 VS990?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to get this taken care of. We mean to activate any other device that works on your line. If there is another device in your account, we could swap it to get it to receive your text messages, or you can activate any other device available. Is this an option for you? Do you have a working device available?

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JHRMC46

What is my security code?

0 Likes