Message + speech to text
Kellyhobartmurphy

Why when I am on a call can I not use the mic on the keyboard to covert my speech to text? I used to be able to. 

0 Likes
Re: Message + speech to text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Speech to text is a great feature and we don't want you to miss out. When did this first start? What is the make and model of your device? Were there any recent changes or updates?

0 Likes
Kellyhobartmurphy

Im having the issue on both an S10e and an A10e. We noticed it about 2 months ago right after an update. Our phones have both updated twice since and the feature still hasn't started working again. When you try to use speech to text and tap the microphone on either the Samsung keyboard or even the Google keyboard, it gives an error message. The only thing I have not tried was a factory reset on the phones, as I suspect the issue will return as soon as updates are reinstalled. It is most definitely an issue with the message plus app, because I have tried to use it on other phones on my plan such as i phone 7 and a galaxy note 9 with the same result.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyhobartmurphy, thank you for sharing this helpful information. Let’s continue to investigate. Can you please clarify if the speech to text concern only happens while you are on a phone call? While on a call, does the same issue happen when you utilize the pre-installed text messaging app? Also, can you please confirm that the Messages+ app is up to date?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes