Message+ still receiving messages after unsubscribing
NICGRA97

I was using the Google Messages app on my Moto Z play for a couple weeks.

Per a friends recommendation, I tried Verizon's Message+ app for a day and decided I didn't like it.

So I went into the app and "unsubscribed" from it and went back to the Google Message app as the default messaging service.

However, now every time I get a text message in Google Messages app the app displays unread messages, even though they are read AND the message is still passed to the Verizon Messages+ app. I can see the messages in the Messages+ app. Also shows as an unread message in the Google Messages App all the time, This happens even after I disable the Messages+ app. (Can't delete from phone)

Appears is not completely unsubscribing me from Verizons Messages+ app. Anyone else having this issue or know how to completely turn off the messages+ app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ still receiving messages after unsubscribing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NICGRA97 I know what this is like, and receiving unwanted messages is no fun. Let's take care of this for you. Even if you are unable to uninstall the app, you can disable it. Here is a link with those steps: http://vz.to/2l6k4AJ Then you can either download a different messaging app, or just use Google. Please let us know if we can assist further.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your troubleshooting efforts in trying to stop these unwanted messages. We understand receiving unwanted messages can certainly be annoying Nicgra97. If you uninstall the Verizon Messages app, do you still receive an unread message via Google Messages? Did you install the Message + app on another device?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NICGRA97

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I am unable to uninstall the Message+ application from my phone, that is not an option for me as the app came pre-installed. If there is a way to uninstall it, I would appreciate any assistance.

0 Likes
NICGRA97

Here is a thread where other users are experiencing the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moto_Z/comments/5upwp5/help_unread_message_counter_does_not_go_away/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NICGRA97 I know what this is like, and receiving unwanted messages is no fun. Let's take care of this for you. Even if you are unable to uninstall the app, you can disable it. Here is a link with those steps: http://vz.to/2l6k4AJ Then you can either download a different messaging app, or just use Google. Please let us know if we can assist further.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes