Message+ stopped working about 2 weeks ago on iPad after update from Apple store
Bruce31

Message + on my iPad stopped working after recent update from Apple store.  I touch the icon and  it opens for a couple seconds showing the title page and then closes.  I’ve tried offloading and reopening and restarting iPad.  No luck.  I have the latest IOS.  I still get notifications of new texts on the iPad, but must see them on android phone.   Concerned if I delete and reload I’ll loose older messages > 90 days.  Message + on Android is working ok.  Seems there is no way to install previous version of message+ on iPad from Apple store.  Also seems there is no way to save messages on iPad. 

0 Likes
Re: Message+ stopped working about 2 weeks ago on iPad after update from Apple store
jjguns1115

I have this same problem.  It’s very frustrating.  I use the app for my work number.  I am concerned if I delete and reload the app I will lose all previous saved messages plus the ones I’m unable to see now.  I have tried to network reset, offload and reinstall, turn off turn on etc…. Nothing has helped.  I think the only thing we can wait for is another update to fix the problem.  

0 Likes
Re: Message+ stopped working about 2 weeks ago on iPad after update from Apple store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the complications you're experiencing with the Message+ service. I would recommend not deleting anything at this time. There should be another update on June 24th. Please see if the issues are resolved with that update first, and then let us know. We'll be standing by here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we thank you for reaching out today. The Verizon Messages + app is a very convenient app to use and we certainly don't want you to lose any of your saved text messages. Verizon Messages + includes a very convenient syncing option. You can view more info about this by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6602yu5mw. Once you've accessed the website, scroll down to "Syncing Messages Across Devices" and review the information provided. Please be sure to review the info at #3 (How do I subscribe to Integrated Messaging?") We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. Please keep our team updated. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Bruce31

Customer Support :Ok.  I’ll look for the update.  I assume the version no. will change from 5.0.0 and I can just “offload” the app on my iPad  and then load again and maybe a restart.  Hopefully all my older texts will be accessed.  One comment:  I just happened to look at my post and saw your response.  Do you ever try to also contact customers by email or text?  If I hadn’t looked at the forum post it may have been weeks before I saw the response and I may have already deleted the app. Maybe you did and it went to my spam folder.  I will look.   Thanks. 

0 Likes
Bruce31

The message + app on web only has past 90 days of messages.  Doesn’t help if you need to see older messages stored on iPad.  What is status of update on the Apple App Store?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When reaching out via this forum, we do reply via the thread. The good news is, if you need assistance via a Private Channel, you can send us a Private Note or contact us via DM/PM on Social Media http://spr.ly/6602yRsqr We're always here to help in any way possible. Please keep us posted with your Message+ results.

0 Likes
jjguns1115

There was no update on 6/24/21 that I could see .  Was told there should be an update on 6/24.  My message+app still isn't working.  

0 Likes
mzuser

I have the same problem. I also did not see the promised update.

I have a philosophical question that I do not really expect and answer. How could the major version number change (4.1 to 5.0) without any more description than "Bug fixes"?

0 Likes
mzuser

The app reviews in the Apple App store has many people with the same complaint.

0 Likes