Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,994 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Message+ stuck on Syncing messages
jas0nmack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

For the past week my Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U1) running Android 8.0.0 with September 1, 2018 security updates and Baseband G955U1UES5CRI1 has been displaying the message "Syncing messages Temporary background processing" in the notification tray and the only way to remove it is by rebooting and after that it will happen again. It will happen if I have good or poor signal and even on WiFi. There was an update to my phone on the 27th I was hoping that would resolve it which it didn't and last night there was an update to Message+ (Version 6.7.1) that didn't resolve it either.

20181002_120138.jpg

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ stuck on Syncing messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be concerning when seeing a continual message such as that, jas0nmack. Rebooting and ensuring all the software is up to date are both great steps to take. We’ll help in every way we can with getting Message + working again. We’ll begin by asking some questions to better understand what’s happening. How are your phone calls and data services working? Have you been able to send and receive texts and picture messages since this message has displayed on the device? What happens if you temporarily use the native messaging app rather than Message +? What have others told you about your texts during the past week (either ones they’ve sent or ones you’ve attempted to send to them)?

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jas0nmack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello George,

Your developers squashed this in build 6.7.3. Please see attached screenshot of the change log confirming so.

Screenshot_20181004-122755_Google Play Store.jpg

This can be marked resolved.

0 Likes
TrainDaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

How are you able to get to that version? Google Play store is still only showing me version 6.6.7

I've searched for it several times now 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TrainDaddy wrote:

How are you able to get to that version? Google Play store is still only showing me version 6.6.7

I've searched for it several times now

The version of the application could dependant on the device model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning. A good step to try from here, would be to uninstall the application, and re-install. This will bring it to the most current version available for your device. 

0 Likes
CHILIDILLO

My HTC with Android 8 is still having this problem after 3 months

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Childillo, three months is an extended time to a device concern, we'll get this taken care of for you. This message should occur for several minutes while your messages sync because you have your messages selected to back up on the Verizon cloud. How long does your messages sync?

TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHILIDILLO, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your HTC for so long. Let's work together to get this fixed. Please share more details about your experience? What city and intersection is closest to you? What model HTC do you have?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
CHILIDILLO

Sorry for the delay, I do appreciate your help!

Intersection: West Bonds Ranch Rd @ HWY 287, 76052Model: HTC6545LVWHardware Verison: 0001Android Version: 8.0.0Sofware Number: 3.18.605.13

Many thanks,Chris

0 Likes