Message+ update = No Stickers
HollieNelson

Since the last message+ update, emojis and stickers won't load. I keep getting this notification: "Message+ app isn't responding and needs to shut down". How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ update = No Stickers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to access the stickers in Message+ just yet, HollieNelson. This is a really neat feature and we certainly want to ensure that you can re-gain this functionality again. Let's try uninstalling the Message+ app and then reinstalling it. Here's how you can uninstall: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206477/ You'll need to go to the Play Store to find the app and re-download it. Also, please make sure the operating system for your phone is up to date by going to settings, system updates, check for system update. If any update is available, please have it applied. Please let us know if you continue to have issues. 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model device(s) are you having the issue with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
HollieNelson

Motorola Z Play Android

Purchased Spring 2016

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HollieNelson,

Emojis are too much fun to not work properly, so let's make sure you are able to use them when you want in your Message+ application.

The first thing I would like to check on would be making sure your Messages+ application is up to date. If you go into the Play Store (application download store), you'll want to type in Messages+, and when you get your search results, it'll either say Uninstall or Update. If you are already up to date, we can move on to the next step.

The next step to take would be to Force Stop the application. You can do so by following the link here: http://spr.ly/6585D4b7X. You won't lose any of your information, so don't worry about that, this simply is like rebooting or restarting the application itself. After completing this, power your device down fully, leave it off for a minute or two, and then power back on and let us know if the same issue occurs. Just in case here are the instructions on how to do this step: http://spr.ly/6587D4b7Z.

Let us know how this works for you.

Ryan_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HollieNelson

I followed your instructions, but the app still won't load stickers. I get

the same message "message+ has stopped and needs to close".

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 9:17 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
APV320
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there. I am having this issue with a phone on my account as well. I actually have two of the same phone. Mine is working fine since the oct 2nd update while the second is not. I tried this workaround/fix and did not help.

However I did find that if I go into Apps & notifications, followed by app info, select message+, and then select storage, and finally click clear data. Had to agree I might lose some data, which i seemingly did not, and then when I restart message+ I have to give it location permission again as well as read the welcome screens, but stickers works again.

I would like to add that I did this a day and a half ago or so through trial and error as noone had posted any issue as yet, and had to do it again this morning for my mom's phone. I sure hope you can find a fix.

Another note in hopes it helps. Glimpse is not functioning either on her phone and this does not get that working.

APV320
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just an update. Glimpse is functioning. When I did clear data it did remove her public profile from message+. That was the only issue with Glimpse functionality. Apologies for missing her profile had went back to blank along with message+ needing permission again and getting welcome/new stickers screens again.

However the sticker/emoji does issue seem to be returning every couple days (message+ actually crashes when she goes to look at her stickers) so I hope to hear of a fix of some kind soon.

This temp fix has worked twice for me in any case so I hope it helps someone find the bug, and maybe help get someone back to their stickers til it is solved permanently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to access the stickers in Message+ just yet, HollieNelson. This is a really neat feature and we certainly want to ensure that you can re-gain this functionality again. Let's try uninstalling the Message+ app and then reinstalling it. Here's how you can uninstall: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206477/ You'll need to go to the Play Store to find the app and re-download it. Also, please make sure the operating system for your phone is up to date by going to settings, system updates, check for system update. If any update is available, please have it applied. Please let us know if you continue to have issues. 

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
HollieNelson

The link you provided took me to a page that says "an unexpected error has

occurred". I'll find another way. Thanks, anyway.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018, 10:58 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HollieNelson wrote:

The link you provided took me to a page that says "an unexpected error has

occurred". I'll find another way. Thanks, anyway.

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018, 10:58 AM vzw_customer_support <

It likely gave an error because you accessed it from the email notification of a post in the community forum. You need to go to the discussion thread itself before clicking on the link.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes