Message+ won't authenticate on iPhone
dlister70

I installed the app, and opened it.  It asks to send notification and I allow.

I click start messaging.  It asks for access to contacts and I say ok.

It asks what phone number I want to use.  I enter my phone number and hit send code.

It asks for access to microphone.  I hit ok.

I receive a text message with a code.  I enter it into the app.

Error:  Unknown error

I re-enter the code. 

Error:  Enter valid Security Code.

I exit the app, and restart the app. 

Database Error:  Database store is not accessible, Please delete and reinstall the application.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times.  I have tried to resend and enter the code many times.  But I can't get this app to work on my phone.  I can't use it at all if it never accepts the code.  I have a friend who started a group chat with Message+ but I can't see the sent videos or even the names of the people in the chat (just see the numbers) without installing the Message+ app.

Please advise.

iPhone 6.  iOS 11.3.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ won't authenticate on iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlister70, We appreciate the steps you've taken to get this resolved. We never want you missing any important messages. We'll work together to get this resolved. Tell us if your iMessage is turned on (settings, message, iMessage)? Are you a prepaid customer?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dlister70

I am not having issues receiving the text code.  I am having issues after entering the text code.

However, I did turn off iMessages and try again.  I got the same error message when I enter the code on the "confirm pin" screen.

Error:  Unknown error

I am not a Verizon customer at all.  I'm just trying to use the messaging app because a friend started a group chat using Message+ and whenever they send a video, it tells me to download the app in order to see the video.  I do use a Verizon MVNO however.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dlister70 wrote:

I am not having issues receiving the text code. I am having issues after entering the text code.

However, I did turn off iMessages and try again. I got the same error message when I enter the code on the "confirm pin" screen.

Error: Unknown error

I am not a Verizon customer at all. I'm just trying to use the messaging app because a friend started a group chat using Message+ and whenever they send a video, it tells me to download the app in order to see the video. I do use a Verizon MVNO however.

There's the answer. It giving the error because you are not a Verizon Wireless customer. To setup the application on a phone, the phone needs to be activated on an active VZW line of service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dlister70

It's a carrier specific chatting app?

If that is true, that seems incredibly short sighted.  You can only chat with your friends if they are on Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is called Verizon Messages after all. It is carrier specific for phones. You can use it on another carrier's tablets if you sync it to an active VZW  phone line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes