Message+ won't sync or send messages
pianoguyaustin

Can anyone help me figure out why the Message+ app I just installed won't do anything? The conversation list stays blank, can't send any messages at all. It just says "sending" for hours. It acts like it is trying to sync, but nothing. I've restarted, reinstalled, nothing. I installed it on a work computer, which sometimes the firewall blocks music streaming, etc. but not much else. I have no problem with other messaging-type apps such as Lync, Hangouts, etc. Any ideas? I've added it to my allowed programs in windows firewall, and the security essentials doesn't appear to be blocking it either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ won't sync or send messages
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Office security settings for wifi and Firewalls will impede the smooth behavior of the M+ app on your PC.

If you can, as articulated by JediSQL,  1)your Windows firewall settings and 2)allow the Message + application.

Thanks,

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pianoguyaustin

Sorry: OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Likes
Re: Message won't sync or send messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pianoguyaustin, let's make sure we can get you up and running with the Message program for the computer. Have you been able to download this program on any other computer besides your work computer without any issues? Are you getting the program from this link: http://vz.to/10BtBog You can click on the area that says "Download Desktop App"? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Message won't sync or send messages
janice_

Up and running

0 Likes
pianoguyaustin

I suspect it is related to the firewall at work. I'll try it on my home computer and see what happens

0 Likes
JediSQL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  I have recently installed Verizon Messages on my home computer and my work computer within the last two weeks.  I installed both with a fresh download of the installer from the VZW Website.  They are both running Windows 8.1 64 bit.  The Message + on my home computer works just fine.  The Message + on my work computer has problems.  The main window, on the red bar, has the swirling dots that never stop, even after many hours.  And when I try to send a message, it just stays at "Sending...", even after many hours.  At work my network admin says he is not getting any errors on the corporate firewall.  On my work computer I used Windows firewall and said to allow the Message + application.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Office security settings for wifi and Firewalls will impede the smooth behavior of the M+ app on your PC.

If you can, as articulated by JediSQL,  1)your Windows firewall settings and 2)allow the Message + application.

Thanks,

ALIEM

0 Likes