Re: Message+
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, are both sounds playing at once? 

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Message+ sound plays first followed by the General Notification sound.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want your messages to be deleted. Message + automatically backs your messages within 90 days. If your messages are older than 90 days we recommend saving them to an SD card. Hope this information helps, let us know what results you get? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I deleted my Message+ and reinstalled and the problem of My chosen Message+ sounds followed by my General Notifications sound persists.  I decided to try making General Notifications Silent.  After making General Notifications Silent, both Message+ and Phone sound only their chosen sounds.  Thanks to all of you for trying to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details. What is the make and model of your phone? Has there been any recent changes to your device?

0 Likes
shebu78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! We're glad to hear that resolved the issue, shebu78. If you have any other questions or concerns, just let us know. We'll be here.

0 Likes
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear VZW Folks, your most recent Android version of Message+ works well on my Moto G7 Power, so shouldn't the Mac version of Message + work equally well on my Mac?  Well, it doesn't.  It's the Revolving Beachball of Doom all over again. 

Message+ for the Mac has been a dog for years, earning a current user-rating of 1.4 stars out of 5 --  the lowest I've yet seen in the Store for a mature Mac application. 

Launching Message+ on my built-up Macbook Pro (running Mojave macOS) still takes forever, about as long as it takes to compose a message or to send it, either of which would try the patience of a Job (the Biblical character whom God drives to the breaking point with a whole lot of suffering and pain).  With Message+, this has now been the case for Mac users for years.  It's why I now text using Skype or iMessage, not Message+.  What a disappointment for Mac+Android crossover users.

I've spoken with Verizon's VP Tech and your product lead at the Laboratory, last year and this spring, respectively.  Each promised a solution.  Then didn't follow through.  M+ still doesn't work.  Bummer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback, and we will use it to improve our processes moving forward, I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu. I understand this application is important for you. Our IT department is aware of this issue with this application and this operating system. They are working on a resolution, and it's being worked on. Thank you for your patience throughout this. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes