Message+
Sopater

I installed Message+ on my Windows10 laptop, but when I enter the verification code, I'm told that my primary device is ineligible. What does that mean? 

0 Likes
Re: Message+
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Sopater wrote:

I installed Message+ on my Windows10 laptop, but when I enter the verification code, I'm told that my primary device is ineligible. What does that mean? 

A glitch.  There are other threads discussing this after the Win10 M+ v3.0 app appeared in the Microsoft Store.  The solution was to remove (back off updates of) M+ from your primary phone, then install it on your desktop and then re-install it on your phone.  At least that worked for Android phones.  Not sure about iPhone's.  Messages were not lost when re-installed on the phone.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Sopater

Thanks for the response. I've got an old Kyocera DuraXV LTE E4610. Not sure if that's the problem or not.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Sopater wrote:

Thanks for the response. I've got an old Kyocera DuraXV LTE E4610. Not sure if that's the problem or not.

Does that phone model support Message+, e.g. are you able to find the app in the app store for download?  If you have it installed on the phone, have you tried removing it/uninstalling updates, then installing the Win10 M+ app before re-installing on your phone?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
hjc212

Did you get this problem solved? I have the same phone as you and had been using message + on a windows 10 laptop for several years. Tring to load the message + on my new laptop which is windows 11 and get that message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, hjc212,

Have you attempted to uninstall Messages + to then install it on your computer? Upon doing this, reinstall on the phone? 

-Natasha

0 Likes