Message+
ALESTA81

There was a time I could tell who in my contacts is also on Verizon. Is that still a feature? How do I do it.

0 Likes
Re: Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you are using Integrated Messaging when messaging your contacts this would indicated both users have Verizon Wireless services. Integrated Messaging is a service that works with Verizon Messages (Message+) to let you send and receive text and multimedia messages seamlessly on your smartphone, tablet, computer or the web using your Verizon mobile number. The service syncs up to 90 days of messages across your devices.

Using the Verizon Messages (Message+) app on your phone, tablet, computer or the web will automatically subscribe you to the Integrated Messaging service. You can also sign up for Integrated Messaging on the web by signing in to My Verizon from the My Messaging page and clicking Go to Web App.

If you have unsubscribed from the service, you can re-subscribe any time.

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

If you are using Integrated Messaging when messaging your contacts this would indicated both users have Verizon Wireless services. Integrated Messaging is a service that works with Verizon Messages (Message+) to let you send and receive text and multimedia messages seamlessly on your smartphone, tablet, computer or the web using your Verizon mobile number. The service syncs up to 90 days of messages across your devices.

Using the Verizon Messages (Message+) app on your phone, tablet, computer or the web will automatically subscribe you to the Integrated Messaging service. You can also sign up for Integrated Messaging on the web by signing in to My Verizon from the My Messaging page and clicking Go to Web App.

If you have unsubscribed from the service, you can re-subscribe any time.

*Cheyenne

Cheyenne (or whoever), what is the indication that people I message are Verizon users?  And, as for the Win10 M+ computer app, BEWARE!  The new v3.0.0 does not sync properly, doesn't see contacts and has other issues reported by users elsewhere in this Forum.  It also doesn't appear the issues are being acknowledged/addressed by the Verizon Messaging Team, even though they have opened it up for download in the Microsoft Store.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ALESTA81

Thank you but this is terribly vague. I am using Messages+, and believe I have integrated messaging (how can I tell if I am). However, I just really want to know how other Verizon users are identified. 

0 Likes
ALESTA81

@jav6@Exactly! Thank you for understanding the question. Let's hope we get an answ

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ALESTA81 wrote:

Thank you but this is terribly vague. I am using Messages+, and believe I have integrated messaging (how can I tell if I am). However, I just really want to know how other Verizon users are identified. 

If you have more than one device using the same number for Message+, then you're using Integrated Messaging.  The messages 'should' be synchronized across all devices (max 5, I think) using the same number.  It gets automatically activated when you log into Message+ on the second device.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
LarryDK

I have the same problem. Just downloaded the new version and it didn't sync, nor does it show any contact names. Is it broken? Took 5 minutes to show a text I sent from my computer to show up on my phone as sent... not impressed. HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LarryDK, thank you for reaching out to us. Let's review the details of your concern. Can you please let us know what type of operating system you are using on your computer? Also, are you receiving new messages right away on your mobile device? Or is there a delay as well?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
will19380
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sylvia, perhaps the programmers of the new 3.0.1 version of Message+ for the PC failed to tell anyone how to link the new software with the contact list from the phone. 

Here is the answer to the problem that nobody I have talked to for over two weeks and waiting for an answer -how to see your contacts on the PC version.  The PC version makes a call to Verizon Cloud as the only location to find contacts. Actually, Verizon inadvertently destroyed that link when they shut down Verizon Cloud and went to a subscription process. Everyone who did not enroll in a subscription had their contacts removed from Cloud storage. Evidently nobody informed the programmers that there were no contacts in the Cloud anymore unless the customer updated their service to use the Cloud. 

It appears that the programmers failed to make it clear to anyone inside and outside of Verizon that the contacts now have to be stored in Verizon Cloud. Once that is done, contacts work very well in the PC version 3.0.1 of Message +. 

Amazing that an 80-year-old mainframer had to figure this out for Verizon. Nowhere on the Verizon Web site does it state that you have to store your contacts in the cloud to make it work.  

As far as syncing, that is not an issue with the new version, just slower than we are used to. But it does not populate the older up to 90-day messages when you first install. Only the messages received from the time of install are shown. Obviously in 90 days you will be all caught up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

will19380, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved with Syncing your contacts to Messages+.  -Sylvia

0 Likes