Message+
pymmint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Somehow the telephone number associated with someone got changed to a name that is NOT the name for that phone number in message+, sooooo how do I change the Contact Names in Message+ on my iPad ?  I’ve put the name & number in the contacts, but I want to link the previous messages with the correct name/number as well as putting in the correct name.

0 Likes
Re: Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pymmint! We're sorry to read that you're having problems with one of your contacts. Please tell us more. Did this happen to only one contact? Is the number correct on your phone?  ~Aaron

0 Likes
pymmint
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the only one that this has happened to, it initially just had the phone number as the contact info, somehow one of my other contacts name got put on this number;  I’d wanted to actually put the person name/company on the contact info, but never could see how. Now I don’t know how to remove the incorrect name ! ! !

this shouldn’t be rocket science !

0 Likes
pymmint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Somehow I finally managed to correct it on my android tablet, Samsung tab A7 ? ! ? And I haven’t looked yet on my android phone, Samsung s22 ultra, but I still can’t get it to change or correct on the iPad !  And it doesn’t “update” there, ipad, either !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you keeping us updated.  -Joel

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pymmint wrote:

Somehow I finally managed to correct it on my android tablet, Samsung tab A7 ? ! ? And I haven’t looked yet on my android phone, Samsung s22 ultra, but I still can’t get it to change or correct on the iPad !  And it doesn’t “update” there, ipad, either !

Where Message+ get its Contact Info has been a big question and subject of other posts in the past (search should find them/some).  It sounds like where the iPad Message+ app gets its contacts has a corrupted entry in its database.  Do you back up your contacts on the iPad?  You might examine all locations (cloud included) your contacts on your iPad are stored to see if the incorrect named contact is there.  Good luck!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes