Message+
Firstname_lastname
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Samsung S6 on February 2nd, and with the update came an updated Message+ app. I have gripes about the app in general, but a functionality issue I am having is that, when I get a message, and check the conversation, whether it be by notification or from the home screen of the Message+ app, it shows, when I look at the message, that it is unread, right above it. I can even reply to a message and the notification will not go away unless I go back to the home screen and then go back. It's not something that is breaking my phone, but it is annoying. Please help.

Sorry that this is technically not a question, and if this is in the wrong place.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+
Firstname_lastname
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon further thought, it may be that the app has updated since my original post. In which case, my apologies for making this more difficult.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Firstname_lastname, we always want your phone to be running smoothly. With messaging being the number one form of communication, this certainly could get annoying very quickly. As there were several updates to the Messages + app last week, let's check to see which version you have. Please go to your Settings, Application Manager, select Messages + and let us know which version you currently have.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you having to perform extra steps to clear a notification after reading it, Firstname_lastname. Do you have popup settings enabled for your messages? There are additional settings I would like to review for notification settings. Please access your Messages+ app>Select the menu icon in the upper left>Settings, is 'Read Notifications' enabled?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Firstname_lastname
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am running 6.4.5

0 Likes
Firstname_lastname
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have pop-up notifications enabled, but I couldn't find the read notifications option (though I swear I saw it the other day, when I posted the original question in this thread), I have "Mark as Read on Close" enabled, if that's the same thing.

0 Likes
Firstname_lastname
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon further thought, it may be that the app has updated since my original post. In which case, my apologies for making this more difficult.

0 Likes